Eight items you need to make it through the season
The holidays are upon us! Snowflakes, twinkling lights, non-stop Christmas songs, and lots of delicious sweets are settling in to our everyday lives – and we won’t have a second to breathe until January. We all know that this joyful time can quickly become stressful, and we are here to make sure you are armed and ready to face this year’s busy holiday season.
Here are 8 items to stock up on this season to make sure your holidays are fun and stress-free.
1. Your makeup staples – The drugstores and makeup counters will be mobbed with customers, so do your shopping online to be sure you have your makeup staples on hand for the holidays.
2. A few shimmery make up options – The holidays are the time to step it up a notch. Need some good palette suggestions? Check out the wht team’s review of Two Faced’s Sweet Indulgence Palette, MAC’s All For Glamour Face Kit and Benefit’s She’s So Jetset travel collection. Can’t pick just one? Get them all. It is the season of giving (and receiving) after all!
3. Makeup removing wipes – The holidays are the time to party into the early morning hours, but it is never an excuse to hit the pillow with a full-face of makeup. Stash makeup wipes in your bathroom, purse or bedside table to make removal a breeze.
4. Self tanner – Every slinky, shimmery dress looks better next to a subtle tan. Many of us can’t jet off to the tropics to bask in the sun, so achieve your faux glow safely and quickly with a tanning lotion. My favorites come right from the drugstore. Jergens’ is a great option, and for a more precise application, try L’Oreal’s Self-Tanning Towelettes.
5. A teasing brush – Sounds downright scary, but I always keep my teasing brush close when getting ready for a special night out. Simply backcomb your roots to boost volume in a pony or cascading style.
6. A weekender bag - However you plan to get there, heading to Grandma’s house is made a lot easier with a solid weekender bag. (Need help packing? See our tips here.)
7. An oversized scarf – You can never predict the temperature in the mall or at a holiday gathering, so an oversized scarf or pashmina can be a lifesaver. Pick one in a neutral shade to go with your ugliest Christmas sweater or your prettiest NYE mini.
8. Your sneakers – Fudge, Santa cookies, hot cocoa by the fire, and Starbucks’ holiday drinks all add up. If you don’t have the time to workout during the holidays, you will need these come January 1st.
Stock up on the essentials now to enjoy the holiday season — and if all else fails, it never hurts to keep an extra bottle of wine handy!
Readers — What do you keep on hand to make sure the holidays are a stress-free time?
Marissa is a public relations professional by day and jewelry designer and entrepreneur by night. She has an affinity for creativity and inspiring style and loves writing, reading, and being in the sun.
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.
more posts to heart
Filed in: beauty & fashion