Help save animals and get the hottest gift bag in town!
Live in Southern California, love beauty and animals? Then you’ll want to mark your calendars for Sunday February 10, 11am to 3pm. Join we heart this as we co-host Beauty for the Beasts at the flagship salon of legendary hairstylist Cristophe benefiting The Rescue Train, a no-kill organization dedicated to eliminating suffering and euthanasia through hands-on rescue work, education and awareness.
Cristophe has not only generously donated 50% of the day’s proceeds, but deeply discounted them so we can all have fun too. A $40 blow out and $15 manicure at a Beverly Hills salon kind of fun! (Click HERE for a complete list of services and details on making an appointment.)
But you don’t have to book a service to attend, there’s lots of other ways to have fun. Shop from the vendors we’ve assembled, sip some champagne, get a gift bag…
We have once again organized one of our legendary beauty raffles (see the prizes at the bottom of this post.) Tickets are $5, and if you spend $25 you will get a gift bag with an approximate $200 value.
Without further ado, here’s what you’ll get…
EVERY gift bag will contain:
• Cristophe Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner ($17.98) – How amazing is this man? Not only is he giving us his salon and his talented staff, he’s given us his FAB products. Our team flipped for this duo, you will too.
• Ardell#105 Lashes ($5) – there’s a reason why Ardell is a leader in the false lash industry, find out why!
• Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oil ($17.50) – Our love for BPAL knows no end. A full size bottle in every gift bag only seals the deal.
• China Glaze I’m Not Lion nail lacquer ($7.95) – an antique gold and multi-color glitter explosion. I can not wait to get this on my nails!
• Milani (approx. $20) – a generous AND fabulous we heart this favorite (not to mention a brand on our best of 2012 list) every bag will contain a 3 or 4 piece assortment including Baked Blush, Liquid Liner and Nail Lacquer.
• NYX Curve Eyeliner ($15) – How great are these? Whether you’re a liquid liner pro or a novice, the ergonomic shape of Curve makes application effortless. Long wearing and jet black to boot!
• Puppy Luv Glam long sleeve thermal hoodie ($58) – these T’s not only feature Swarovski Crystals and are totally adorable, but every purchase benefits animal rescue. (Check out this sweet video about the line.) They’ll grace our gift bags the same day as they will the Grammy Gifting suite!
• Terax Crema + Keratin Original Reparative Daily Conditioner ($24) – call it smart conditioner, it somehow delivers keratin to only the most damaged areas of the hair fiber, so that the hair is not weighed down by excess protein. Genius!
That’s a $165 value as the base of EVERY BAG!
These remaining items will also be in the bags, just not every one (i.e. you’ll receive 2 or 3 products in addition to those listed above):
• IT Cosmetics Lip Vitality Flush ($20) and Brow Power Universal Pencil ($24) – two essential products from the masters of innovative, high performance cosmetics. And we do mean masters – these products are FAB.
• Le Métier de Beauté Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss in Coral Confection ($32) – there are going to be quite a few squeals from the lucky folks who open their bags to find this sheer ruby red gloss from wht’s favorite luxury line!
• ManGlaze Matte Polish ($13.13) – we love a line with an edge. We also love a line with a fabulous product. ManGlaze is both. You’re going to flip for these glittery yet matte polishes.
• Orly Nail Lacquer ($8.50) – a favorite amongst nail junkies with good reason, Orly has sent an assortment of on-trend shades of their phenomenal polish.
• Sheswai ($16) – there will be two of these fab and eco friendly nail lacquers floating around in the bags, Stoned; a cool pebble grey and Fersure; a gorgeous deep red. But no worries if you don’t find them in your bag, Sheswai is one of the vendors who will be at the event!
• Smashbox Spectrum Lip Gloss in Luminous ($22) – a beautiful pink champagne shade with true to its name shine!
• Steamcream ($18) – we’re long time fans of these little work of art tins full of steam-infused cream. Get a bag and find out why!
• YBF (Your Best Face) Deluxe Sample Packs, many with a full size Quench Lip Balm ($25) – YBF has been a big supporter in our charity efforts, just check out the basket they donated below: $1305 in skincare! If you don’t win that, you could take home an assortment of samples and find out why we’re consistently wowed by their products.
• Youngblood – a trio of products for the perfect red pout, from the mineral line that was created by a medical aesthetician; Vixen Lipstick ($19), Truly Red Lip Liner ($14), and Guava Lipgloss ($23).
Want to know what’s in the raffle baskets?
The following groups of products will be arranged into 5 to 10 different raffle baskets, and you will be able to put your raffle tickets towards the basket you’d most like to win. The products are:
• YBF (Your Best Face) skin care totaling $1305
That’s right, we’ve got over $1300 in YBF’s amazingly effective anti-aging skincare. In fact this set contains full sizes of EVERY product in the Your Best Face Skincare product line tucked inside a bright orange canvas box including Define Lip Area Anti-Age Cream, Quench Lip Treatment Balm, Correct Invigorating Eye Cream, Refresh Rejuvenating Eye Cream, Nourish Revitalizing Eye Cream, Prep Brightening Exfoliant Microdermabrasion Cream, Balance Skin Treatment, Defend Wrinkle Prevention, Control Deep Wrinkle Cream, Restore Skin Brightener, Boost Daily Moisturizing Cream, Hydrate B Concentrate Serum, Antioxidants Concentrate Serum and more!
• Le Metier de Beaute skin care totaling $635
We’ve been wowed by this French line’s cosmetics and blown away by their skin care. See for yourself by winning their extraordinary Revitalizing Anti-Aging Day Crème with SPF 15 as well as the complementary nighttime treatment Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Night Crème.
• South Coast Plaza Gift Certificate $250 and annual valet parking pass ($150)
One winner will see why we call this Southern California shopping destination the “happiest place on earth”. Shop the South Coast Plaza for the best in shoes, make up, hand bags, clothing – whatever your heart desires – at this shopping mecca and California landmark.
• Dr. Dennis Gross skin care totaling $288
This prize package includes one of Stef’s Holy Grail products, the incredible Alpha Beta Facial Peel which helps transform skin by tackling fine lines, wrinkles, uneven texture and enlarged pores. Other swoon worthy products include the doctor’s Hydra Pure Spray, Clarifying Mask, the Alpha Beta Smoothing Body Towel, Alpha Beta Glow Pads, Age Erase Mask, and the All in One Cleanser.
• OPI nail care products totaling $260
A nail polish lover will be thrilled to walk with this basket which holds 9 colorful Nail Lacquers and all the manicure necessities including Nail Envy, RapiDry, Expert Touch Wipes, Original Polish Remover, Swiss Blue Hand Soap, Avoplex Hand & Nail Cream and Avoplex Cuticle Oil to Go.
• Armour Beauty Lip Gloss set totaling $210
You’ll be ready to pucker up for Valentine’s Day by wining this collection of 10 Armour Lip Glosses in rock n roll inspired hues. A few shades of these long-wearing, paraben free glosses include Shattered, Siouxsie, Last Dance, Stardust and After Hours.
• Dr. Haushka moisturizers totaling $199.75
This basket helps fight the battle against dry winter skin with five body lotions that are formulated to work with skin to support its own natural processes of renewal. The intoxicating scents include Rose, Quince, Lemon Lemongrass, Lavender Sandalwood and Almond Body Moisturizers.
• Cristophe haircare and makeup totaling $185
The Cristophe love continues! This basket contains his Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner, Ultimate Finishing Spray, Volumizing Spray Tonic and an amazing Medium Round Brush ($46 alone!) Plus, some makeup from their in house makeup line called Palette; eye shadows, lipstick and blush, and a LipToxl lip gloss in Sheer.
• Amika hair care totaling $169
After a day at the salon keep your hair in shape with goodies from Amika. This prize includes the Sea Buckhorn Berry Obliphica Oil Treatment to hydrate, smooth and protect your locks, as well as the Peacock Ceramic Styler, a colorful and handy tool that both straightens and curls hair.
• BareMinerals REMIX Collection cosmetics totaling $163
One of our most trusted brands, BareMinerals offers skin-friendly makeup in bold formulas and on-trend colors. This prize contains items from the Limited Edition collection, REMIX and includes Two READY Eyeshadow 4.0 Quads (The Wild Thing and The Next Big Thing), Two Loud & Clear Lip Sheers, Two Flawless Definition Mascaras, the Round The Clock Waterproof Eyeliner, and the READY Blush in Natural High.
• Pin Up Cosmetics products totaling $150
We adore this line which combines natural, vegan cosmetics with a retro flair. Get a glamorous, pin up girl worthy look using the products in this set including Pin Up’s Vegan Lavender Facial Cleanser, Brown Sugar Lip Polish, Rose Petal Face Cream, Vegan Lip Gloss, Natural Lip Balm, and a Mineral Eyeshadow all tucked into a pink polka dot make up bag.
• Eucerin skin care totaling $150
The adorably packaged prize comes in a large blue basket that is stuffed with skin care goodies from drugstore fave Eucerin, including their Daily Defense Moisturizing Body Lotion and the Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Face Creme and many more. And did we mention, this adorable basket includes Martha Stewart toys for the dog in your life as well?
• Hard Candy cosmetics totaling $135
As their name implies this line of cosmetics is always a little bit girly, a little bit edgy, and full of eye-catching colors. Their basket includes over 20 Hard Candy products like the Walk the Line Liquid Eyeliner, High Def Glittering Cream Eye Shadow and thier iconic Just Nails with a Ring (a bold blue nail lacquer with a heart-shaped ring attached!)
• Benefit cosmetics totaling $123
One of wht’s most beloved lines, Benefit, joins the cause with a package of four of their customer favorites; Cha Cha Tint, sugarbomb face powder, the matching pinky-nude sugarbomb ultra plush lip gloss and the Bathina body balm – all housed inside an adorable retro makeup bag.
• Royal and Langnickel brush set totaling $120
The winner of this SILK Synthetic 12 piece brush set will be applying makeup like a pro. A compact black zippered pouch opens to reveal a bold red silky lining surrounding twelve super soft brushes for all your beauty needs.
• Clarisonic skin care system totaling $119
One lucky winner will soon join the club of Clarisonic devotees by walking away with a Mia Sonic Skin Care Cleansing System (in Green) to sonically clean skin like its never been cleaned before. The smallest of the Clarisonic tools, the Mia offers healthier skin in a simple one-button, one-speed design that will revolutionize your skin care regimen.
• tarte cosmetics totaling $106
Most animal lovers know all about tarte’s colorful line of cruelty-free and eco-conscious makeup. If you haven’t experienced the coveted line, aim to win this raffle package including tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liners, gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara, maracuja divine shine lip gloss and the beauty & the box Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad.
• New London French pharmacy faves totaling $91
Who doesn’t love exotic European drugstore products? NYC’s cult beauty boutique New London Pharmacy offers their hand-picked favorites including Homeoplasmine Irritations de la peau Pommade, Bioderma Dermatological Wipes, Avibon Vitamin A Pommade Tube and Avene Thermal Spring Water.
• Kahina Giving Beauty argan oil products totaling $85
Our review team was impressed by this line of nourishing and hydrating hair and body care infused with organic argan oil. Get a taste of the collection by winning the Travel Basics Kit with deluxe travel sizes of a few Kahina staples including their 100% organic Argan oil, facial cleanser and facial lotion.
• Prtty Peaushun – body lotions totaling $72
Created by a celebrity makeup artist, this shimmering body lotion is a true star offering camera ready skin to the masses. This prize includes two pouches of the cult favorite Prtty Peaushun Skintight body lotion (in medium) which contains subtle light reflecting particles to give skin a beautiful, flattering glow.
• Juice Beauty skin care totaling $48
The wht team agrees this eco-friendly brand is one of the best smelling lines on the market. Full of invigorating fruit scents and brightening, lightening and tightening products the Be Bright Kit offers a taste Juice Beauty and contains a full size Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer, Nutrient Eye Cream and Age Defy Hand Cream.
• 100% Pure body scrubs totaling $35
Pamper your body with these truly 100% pure scrubs that are free of synthetic chemicals, chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances and colors. They’re so nice, we’re raffling them twice – with two raffle baskets containing the Organic Boxed Fruit Scrub Set with a trio of scrubs in Green Apple, Blood Orange and Cabernet Grape Body.
WHEW – that’s some raffle! Don’t be surprised if we add a few more products to the list as well. And how about that gift bag?
we heartsters – we hope to see you February 10th at Beauty for the Beasts!
skin tone: NC 25/30
skin type: oily with a fear of rosacea
favorite beauty product: high end skincare and lip products
Latest posts by stef
- Before and After Microblading Photos (And Why the Healing Process is A LOT Easier Now…) - November 3, 2019
- Here’s How to Fight Skin Aging Inside and Out… - April 23, 2019
- New Season, Healthier You - April 19, 2019