This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Wondering what are the best drugstore color correctors available for you in 2022?
If you’re looking for this season’s top products, then this article is for you.
So if you want to achieve clear, glowing skin, check out our list of the best color correcting palettes. These are also perfect to conceal dark circles, acne scars, and dullness.
What Is Color Correcting?
Do you have uneven complexion tones?
Perhaps also some redness on your skin or dark under-eye circles.
Then you probably need a color corrector cream or similar product.
Understandably, applying different shades all over your face can seem, well, scary. When used incorrectly, you might end up looking pastel-hued. And that’s the last thing you want to achieve. After all, you want to create a flawless base for your complexion.
So what is color correcting?
It’s one of the latest buzzwords in the beauty industry nowadays. So popular that makeup artists and makeup addicts alike go gaga over color correcting. And it’s not difficult to understand why’s that so.
In a nutshell, color correcting involves the process of achieving the perfect complexion. So it’s masking scars, skin discoloration, and dark circles around the eyes.
However, color correcting can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, it cancels out the unwanted skin tone pigmentations; on the other, it could make them worse when you’re not doing it correctly.
How to Color Correct
The general idea of color correcting is to use hues and shades that are opposite of the color you want to cover or cancel out.
While color correcting is highly dependent and unique to your skin’s type or needs, there are basic rules for it.
So let’s break down six commonly used color corrector hues and under what situation do you use them.
As the opposite of yellow, this shade counteracts the sallow tones. When you want to correct your yellowish or brown-tinged complexion, purple can create a healthy, glowing effect. It’s also perfect when you need to hide acne scars or rejuvenate dull skin.
Yep, it’s the opposite of purple, and blue too.
Yellow concealers can lighten dark circles and also other under-eye shadows on light skin tones. In addition, they work best along with an eyeshadow primer.
Red or Orange
Got dark skin tones?
Then red or orange is the perfect camouflage to hide discoloration or dark circles. So you might want to try a quick dab on the under-eye area, blending into the cheeks.
What’s more, orange is excellent at getting rid of blue shades on your skin. So that means hiding bruises and dark spots on medium to deep skin tones.
Cancel out the dullness and dark spots with pink. This shade is also perfect for covering sunspots and age spots. In addition, it effectively hides brown and is great for pale skin.
Say bye-bye to redness with green. Make it your go-to color when you need to conceal an angry pimple, rosacea, sunburn, or any intense redness.
Do drugstore color correctors work?
However, a lot of people tend to underestimate the transformative power that drugstore color correctors can bring. And many also underestimate the wonderful products that one can find in drugstores. Just take drugstore shampoos for instance.
Not only do these products work but they can also transform you into a goddess. Perfect for special occasions when you want to look like a diva.
So whether you’re looking to neutralize your skin tone or simply look gorgeous, drugstore color correctors offer a quick fix.
What Are the Benefits of Using Drugstore Color Correctors?
First, they are very affordable, so you can easily get them. So your local pharmacy or department store usually has these beauty products.
In addition to neutralizing skin discolorations or redness, drugstore color correctors can give you an even-toned skin. Its effect can last up to 16 hours.
There are also plenty of shades and hues to choose from—available to match your skin’s requirements.
So are you always on the go?
Then you’ll love how these drugstore color correctors allow a seamless application of your makeup.
The Best Drugstore Color Correctors in 2022?
Wondering what’s the best drugstore color corrector concealer that suits your skin?
Because I compiled all the leading products this year, ranking them based on several criteria. These also include their selling status, user reviews, and industry recommendations.
What’s more, I tried a couple of these drugstore color correctors to provide you with an authentic and objective opinion.
So after a comprehensive selection process and without bias, here are the 22 best drugstore color correctors in 2022 in my opinion.
1. NYX Professional Makeup Color Correcting Palette
- Ultimate Color Correcting Concealer Palette: This palette features 6 color correcting concealers expertly chosen to work together to conceal problem areas
- Correct and Conceal: Our palette helps conceal trouble spots and visibly correct discolorations; Light and medium camouflage imperfections, yellow and peach conceal dullness and dark circles, green covers redness, purple and pink brighten
- Face From Foundation To Finish: Complete your makeup look with our full line of NYX Professional Makeup face products to aid in color correction and coverage from blush, bronzer, foundations and contouring concealer to palettes and powders
NYX is a popular brand that offers easy-to-match colors that let you create shades to suit your needs.
If you’re looking for something affordable, then this drugstore color corrector is a wonderful bargain.
Here’s what you can expect from this product.
If you want to correct dark circles, acne scars, and redness on your skin, this one is perfect. Because NYX Professional Makeup Color Correcting Palette contains six different colors. It also glides onto your skin, so you get an ultra-smooth finish. In addition, it’s cruelty-free
You can enjoy this palette’s lightweight formula. Anyone can use this because it’s versatile. Definitely, this product gives you the best bang for your buck.
2. New York Master Camo
- Six color correcting pens designed to fix targeted skin tone issues
- Shades for all skin tones
- Powerful pure color pigments for full coverage
Frustrated with dark circles around your eyes?
Then try out this amazing drugstore-correcting concealer.
It is perfect for light to medium skin tones. It has six different shades to choose from so it can effectively neutralize discoloration.
For precise application, this product also comes with an applicator.
So the next time you wake up with dark circles, then you know what to grab.
3. E.L.F. Cosmetics Color Correcting Stick
- Help balance and correct skin ton for a flawless look
- Creamy formula melts into skin for seamless blendable coverage
- Target skin concerns to instantly help cancel and neutralize color imperfections
Got dry skin?
Then this is the best color corrector. It also works well despite wrinkles. And did you know it’s vegan-friendly too?
E.L.F. Cosmetics Color Correcting Stick gently melts into your skin. So you get a smooth and even tone. It also provides a natural finish and great coverage.
4. Kokie Cosmetics Be Bright Illuminating Concealer
Looking for an affordable product to lighten dark circles and even out redness?
With price as your consideration, then this might be the best color corrector from the drugstore. That’s because Kokie Cosmetics does a wonderful job of hiding your imperfections without breaking the bank.
You can also use it as a highlighter. It’s lightweight, easy to blend, and lasts long, providing you with medium to full coverage.
The downside, however, is that it may cause breakouts.
5. Pixi by Petra Correction Concentrate
Want to brighten your under-eye areas?
If nothing’s been working to really hide them, then you’ll love this product.
Pixi by Petra Correction Concentrate is the best drugstore color corrector for dark circles. Because it can completely erase even the super dark circles.
It also hides the pigmented spots and softens facial fine lines, giving you a fresh and rested look. What’s more, it’s paraben-free.
If you want to give yourself the “had a good night’s sleep” look, then this correction cream is perfect for your needs.
6. Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick
- CONCEALER STICK: This Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in yellow uses color theory to effectively mask visible imperfections. It hides blemishes, under-eye circles & other minor skin imperfections.
- GLIDES ON EASILY: This gentle, creamy formula comes in a non-drying stick & glides on smoothly for easy application. Use alone or under makeup. It's hypoallergenic, fragrance-free & non-comedogenic.
- EXPLORE OUR COLLECTIONS: We make a full line of beauty products for eyes, lips, face & skin care, from bronzer, concealer & foundation to eyeshadow & mascara, plus serums, eye creams & clay masks.
Ideal for light to medium skin, this drugstore color corrector can erase purple dark circles.
Because it comes in a stick, you can just gently swipe it on the dark areas. Then blend it in using your sponge, brush, or fingers.
This product doesn’t crease or give you a cakey makeup look. In addition, you don’t have to worry about clogging your pores or cause irritation because this product is noncomedogenic.
Unfortunately, this stick concealer only comes in yellow.
7. Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector
- Under Eye Brightening Corrector
Looking for full coverage for your dark under-eye circles?
Then you’ll love this color corrector.
Infused with peach and apricot tones, Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector deflects light from your dark circles. How? Because of its light-reflecting illuminators.
This product also contains vitamin E to nourish your skin. In addition, it gives you an even and smooth feel, creating the perfect base for concealer.
And did I mention it’s also free of parabens, sulfate, gluten, and alcohol? No phthalate and formaldehyde too.
8. Neutrogena Clear Coverage CC Compact
- 0.38-ounce compact of Neutrogena Clear Coverage Color Correcting Powder Makeup with niacinamide to help even and brighten skin tone
- Suitable for all skin types and ideal for shiny skin, this lightweight multi-tasking CC powder helps reduce shine with a matte finish
- Formulated with niacinamide (b3) and yellow & green color correcting powders, the face makeup leaves skin with a bright and even finish
Do you have oily skin?
Then here’s a wonderful option for you.
Check out Neutrogena Clear Coverage CC Compact. It’s great at keeping the shine at bay while concealing unwanted spots.
You’ll love that it’s also free of sulfates, phthalates, and parabens. Plus, it’s non-comedogenic, so this mattifying powder won’t clog your pores.
9. L.A. Girl Pro High Definition Concealer
- Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture
- The long wearing formula
- Provides complete, natural-looking coverage, evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes
What makes this drugstore color correction formula great?
If you have a dark skin tone and you want to cover your dark circles, then this is the perfect solution.
L.A. Girl Pro High Definition Concealer can effortlessly cover the under-eye circles. Even with just a small amount.
It’s also easy to apply. In addition, its brush tip lets you cover your dark circles. With its thick consistency, you get full coverage that goes a long way.
10. Latorice One Step Color Corrector
- ONE STEP COLOR CORRECTOR: 3 in 1 gel serum primer that color corrects, brightens and smooths skin. The swirled, helix formula contains 3 color-correcting pigments to even out the complexion.
- ISOLATION: Isolation and protection, create a natural protective cover for the skin.
- SUN BLOCKING: Contains sunscreen ingredients, protection for your skin from harmful rays from sunlight.
Wondering what’s the best green color corrector that also offers UV protection?
Its green formula effectively hides the redness.
This product also has two more colors: peach and lavender. Peach erases the dark spots while lavender conceals the puffiness.
What’s more, this drugstore color corrector contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to nourish your skin. And it’s hypoallergenic too.
11. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Total Cover Color Correcting Kit
- An All-in-One Palette that Corrects Discoloration
- Neutralize Dark Circles, Redness, and Dullness
- Works Across Skin Tones
Looking for a cream formula that provides smooth, pigmented coverage?
Then you might want to check out L’Oreal Paris Infallible Total Cover Color Correcting Kit.
This color-correcting kit features peach, yellow, green, and purple. No wonder, it’s loved by many.
Peach hides the dark circles. Yellow fights discoloration. Green conceals redness. And lastly, purple fixes the dullness.
You get different shades to choose from so you can easily target and cover those blemishes and unwanted spots.
12. Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment
- This product is free from 10 harmful ingredients such as artificial fragrance or color, denatured alcohol, triethanolamine, sulfate-based surfactants, triclosan, mineral oil, propylene glycol, and DEA that causes skin irritation.
- The Cicapair Collection is inspired by the true legend of Asian tigers, rolling in centella asiatica to heal their battle wounds. Also known as tiger grass, its medicinal use has been recognized for centuries. For generations, this active ingredient has also been recognized as a recovery system to help support wounded skin exhibiting inflammation, redness, or blemishes.
- This all-in-one treatment includes a color-changing capsule to cover blemishes and neutralize redness, restoring fatigued skin for a vibrant appearance. The formula features Tiger Grass (Centella Asiatica) to help heal sensitive skin exhibiting inflammation, irritation or discomfort.
Here’s a green corrector formula that can effectively erase blemishes, inflammation, and redness on your skin.
It also has a broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection.
Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment provides complete sun defense. It also shields you from external aggressors that cause skin aging.
Wondering what other stuff this product has in store for you?
Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment also contains herbs complex and panthenol and minerals. These components help keep your skin vibrant while supporting its moisture barrier.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution for blemishes, then this is it. This amazing formula will also neutralize inflammation, giving you an even and smooth complexion.
13. Lumene CC Color Correcting Cream
- 6-in-1 color correcting cream: foundation, concealer, primer, illuminator, long-wear, SPF20.
- SPF20 skin protection.
- Helps to neutralize redness.
Lumene CC Color Correcting Cream has a unique formulation, so you get a lightweight feel yet full coverage. Firstly, even with just a small amount, you get a smooth complexion. And secondly, it has SPF 20 protection.
14. Vasanti Liquid VO2 Color Correcting Concealer
- CONCEAL IMPERFECTIONS - Customers love the good coverage with invisible look and amazingly light feel. Watch as it effortlessly camouflages the appearance of skin imperfections.
- HYDRATING FORMULA - Provides complete and natural-looking coverage with an oil-free, luxurious texture that will not dry out your skin. Perfect for all skin types, including dry, oily, and sensitive types.
- GET FLAWLESS SKIN NOW - Can be applied all over the face or just where coverage is needed (blends seamlessly into the skin). Now it's easier than ever to get flawless, youthful skin.
Need to get rid of ugly dark areas under your eyes?
Then this color corrector is excellent. It can effectively balance the dark spots while correcting any blemishes or imperfections on your skin.
Do you also have puffiness?
Then this product is for you. Vasanti Liquid VO2 Color Correcting Concealer can also reduce its appearance, including dullness and skin discoloration.
Lightweight, easy to use, and provides full coverage. You can’t go wrong with this product. It works on all skin types, but it’s excellent for warm to medium tones. Definitely one of the best drugstore color correctors in 2022.
15. Bisque (Bobbi Brown Corrector)
Looking for a drugstore color corrector that works well on all skin tones?
Then you’ll love this one.
Firstly, it can brighten the dark circles around your eyes. Even the most stubborn ones.
Secondly, it can erase the other imperfections on your skin.
What’s its secret?
This wonderful product has a lightweight formula, so you can easily blend it. Upon application, it instantly neutralizes the blemishes, unwanted spots, and discoloration.
In addition, it is free of sulfate and parabens.
I can’t think of any cons. So this is definitely one of the best drugstore color correctors today.
16. E.L.F. Corrective Concealer
- Conceals under-eye darkness, blemishes
- Brightens under-eye circles
- Neutralizes redness
Want to create a flawless, natural look?
With E.L.F Corrective Concealer, you can.
It has a lightweight formula that perfectly blends with your skin, creating a natural look. And it’s also long-wear and offers a wide range of shades. What’s more, it’s easy to blend and won’t crease or flake.
Right now, it retails for under $10. It’s perfect when you need to conceal and correct your blemishes and imperfections while on the go. Great for everyday use or full glam look.
In addition to the four colors in this set, you also get a brush for your application.
When you want a super creamy and silky drugstore color corrector, you will love E.L.F Corrective Concealer.
17. Cover Stick Concealer
Here’s a wonderful color concealer.
Check out this wonderful stick concealer.
It can completely hide the blemishes and conceal the dark circles around the eyes. This product also has a waterproof formula that can last for hours. Plus, it glides smoothly while blending perfectly to create a natural look.
Wondering if it’s safe?
You can count on this product because it’s tested by dermatologists.
So if you’re looking for drugstore color correctors that can match your skin tone, you will love this one.
18. Golden Rose Correct & Conceal Camouflage Cream Palette
Do you want full and lightweight coverage correction?
You will look your best when you choose this.
Check out Golden Rose Correct & Conceal Camouflage Cream Palette.
Here’s what you can expect from this product.
It’s lightweight and easy to blend. Even if it has a creamy texture, you won’t feel like you’re wearing it on your skin.
Golden Rose Correct & Conceal Camouflage Cream Palette offers the perfect neutralizing effect on the general imperfections on your skin.
For instance, its salmon pink shade can brighten the dullness and offset the yellow undertones. But if you want to hide the redness or blemishes, the green shade is a wonderful option.
As for purple, you can also use it to neutralize anything yellow. On the other hand, orange is a great solution for dark spots and bluish undertones.
With Golden Rose Correct & Conceal Camouflage Cream Palette, you can camouflage the imperfections and look your best.
So you’ll no longer have to worry about a surprise blemish.
This palette offers many uses. From hiding dark circles around the eyes to erasing the imperfections while matching your skin tone. You can even use it to contour your facial features. Plus, it provides SPF 20 protection.
Get flawless, natural-looking skin every day with Golden Rose Correct & Conceal Camouflage Cream Palette.
19. Milani Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer
- COVER IMPERFECTIONS: Creamy, full coverage, water-resistant face makeup that instantly conceals and lasts up to 12 hours. Perfect for concealing under-eye circles, blemishes and skin discoloration.
- AVAILABLE IN 18 SHADES: Choose from 18 different shades so you can find the one that best matches your natural complexion and covers skin imperfections flawlessly.
- VEGAN, CRUELTY-FREE BEAUTY: This vegan liquid formula glides on smooth and contains Vitamin E to help replenish skin’s moisture for coverage that lasts through sweat and oil. Never tested on animals.
Want to cover your skin imperfections?
Then this full-coverage, creamy concealer is what you need.
Check out Milani Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer.
Wondering what you can expect from this drugstore color corrector?
It’s a long-lasting and water-resistant face makeup that instantly hides blemishes and skin imperfections. This product is also effective at concealing dark circles around your eyes.
There are 18 available shades that you can choose from. So it’s easy to match your complexion and cover-up needs. And it’s so easy to apply because this product can conceal imperfections quite flawlessly. Even with a small amount. Isn’t that great?
Milani Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer also contains vitamin E, which nourishes your skin by replenishing its moisture. Its liquid formula can last up to 12 hours.
20. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Wipeout Color Correcting Palette
Are you a newbie on drugstore color correctors?
Then here’s an ideal product for beginners.
Introducing Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Wipeout Color Correcting Palette.
It contours, balances, and brightens your skin while combatting discoloration. And you can also mix and match the six shades to create your own mix.
This stunning color-correcting palette will win your heart. With its nourishing blend, you can say goodbye to fine lines, wrinkles, huge pores, and other skin imperfections.
21. Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid
While this isn’t considered a drugstore color corrector it had to make the list because it is fabulous! Check out this fantastic color corrector that protects and nourishes your skin. And it’s also great at concealing imperfections.
Try Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid.
It’s lightweight and comes in six different shades. This product is easy to use and blends well.
Plus, it will last you a long time. And to add value for your money, this color corrector is rich in antioxidants, including vitamins C and E.
This product is suitable for virtually all skin types. It covers everything from ugly birthmarks to blemishes. All that is possible because of its nourishing blend of vitamins and antioxidants.
22. COVERGIRL Smoothers Lightweight BB Cream
- CRUELTY FREE - Our products are not tested on animals
- INSTANT SKIN ENHANCER - This natural-looking radiance works as a moisturizer to improve elasticity
- HYDRATING - This lightweight cream blends effortlessly onto skin to offer a smooth appearance that comes without clogging pores
Here’s a wonderful moisturizing cream that’s lightweight. And it also blends in effortlessly onto your skin to give you a smooth feel without clogging your pores.
And on top of that, it has SPF 21 protection. So you’re protected from the harmful UV rays.
Did I mention it’s lightweight? So this allows your natural glow to shine through.
If this is something you want, then you’ll love COVERGIRL Smoothers Lightweight BB Cream.
Did your favorite make this list of the top drugstore color correctors?
You May Also Like: