This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Shampoos are a staple on everyone’s grocery list. But most of the time, people take them for granted.
It is essential to be conscious about your hair care products at the shower, especially if you have specific hair or scalp issues.
In cases like these, finding the best shampoo at Ulta must be at the top of your list.
If you are like most people who have yet to learn about the best shampoos at Ulta, you need to understand what your hair and scalp need to be able to give them proper attention.
Read on to know what is included in the best Ulta shampoo list so you can address your hair and scalp issues from its root cause.
- Helps prevent breakage
- Repairs damage
- Makes hair extra soft
- Infused with vitamins and minerals for healthier hair
- Protects the hair from damage
- Helps prevent dirt build-up
- Removes frizz
- Volumizes hair
- Infuses collagen for healthier locks
Benefits of Using the Right Shampoo
Keeps the Scalp Healthy and Clean
Shampoo ensures that your scalp and skin around the head are clean and devoid of excess sebum. The excessive production of this oily substance may lead to dandruff and other hair problems.
Use a good shampoo to clean your hair and scalp from sebum and other hair product residues to prevent dirt buildup.
Provides a Healthy Luster
One of the safest and most reliable ways to achieve shiny and healthy hair is to shampoo the hair regularly.
Some of the best shampoos at Ulta come with conditioners.
These products can add more moisture to your hair strands and seal the cuticles to prevent dryness between washes.
Studies claim that washing hair with high-quality shampoos like the Ulta best shampoo options can reduce cortisol significantly.
Cortisol is more commonly known as the “stress hormone.”
If you have a high amount of this in your body, you may develop serious health problems in the long run.
How to Pick the Right Shampoo
Shopping for shampoos seems like a simple task. Of course, you can go inside the grocery and pick anything from the hair care aisle.
But ideally, you must choose the right shampoo that suits your hair care needs.
Here are the factors to consider when buying shampoos online and in-store:
Consider Your Hair Type and the Best Ingredients to Use
Different hair types and issues require specific shampoos, and these come with a myriad of active ingredients depending on their purpose.
- For Fine Hair — Minoxidil and niacin work best on fine or thinning hair. These ingredients will help make your hair look fuller and prevent hair loss.
- For Curly Hair — Glycerin and shampoos with natural butter help prevent frizz and maintain the hair’s shiny curls and waves.
- For Hair Growth —.Activated charcoal helps promote hair growth by removing impurities in hair follicles. Pumpkin seed oil, rosemary oil, and green tea extract are also helpful in growing hair. Ginger and mint help also stimulate the scalp for hair growth.
- For Dandruff — Look for zinc pyrithione and selenium sulfide mainly, but coal-tar solution, ketoconazole, salicylic acid, and sulfur can also help rid the scalp of dandruff.
- For Dry Hair — Shea butter is great for keeping the hair hydrated. Meanwhile, keratin locks moisture in the scalp and coats the hair, which helps keep the hair moisturized and fuller.
- For Hair Strengthening — Zinc, keratin, rice protein, collagen, and biotin are also helpful in strengthening the hair strands. These ingredients will work on any hair type.
Invest in Dry Shampoo
Finding the best dry shampoo at Ulta is also necessary, especially if you’re too busy to wash your hair regularly.
Dry shampoos help keep your hair clean and oil-free during such days and prevent hair colors from fading fast.
Here are the top-selling dry shampoos at Ulta right now:
- Batiste Original Dry Shampoo – Clean & Classic
- Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo
- Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Original Refreshing Dry Shampoo
- Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo
- Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo – Divine Dark
9 Best Selling Shampoos at Ulta
Best Dandruff Shampoo at Ulta
This best-selling shampoo at Ulta makes your hair and scalp feel soft and healthy. Trust us. You will never go back to your old brand again.
Key Benefits: Gets rid of dirt and grime, offers a refreshing aromatherapy experience, cleans all hair types
- Formulated with the ground-breaking Tingle Complex for that “tingling” sensation
- Helps balance sebum production in the hair
- Works best with the Paul Mitchel Tea Tree Special Conditioner to detangle and smoothen the hair
Refresh your hair and scalp with Paul Mitchell’s Tea Tree Special Shampoo to achieve a spa-like hair treatment at home.
If you are the type of person who loves washing hair because of the relaxing experience, then this is the best hair care product for you.
This shampoo comes with tea tree, lavender, and peppermint essential oils to boost the hair’s health and provide an invigorating scent.
Since tea tree oil is a key ingredient, this shampoo can help prevent flaking and dandruff due to the ingredient’s antibacterial and antimicrobial features.
Paul Mitchell’s Tea Tree Special also comes with glycerin and panthenol, known for adding moisture to the hair to make it shinier and more manageable.
Best Shampoo at Ulta for Hair Fall Out
Fight hair fall with one of the best-selling shampoos produced in Australia. This trendy hair care product became a surprising pandemic hit for people with weak and falling hair.
Key Benefits: Stimulates hair growth, cleans scalp to help avoid dirt buildup, reinforces the hair shaft
- Comes with vitamins and minerals to help reduce the risk of thinning hair
- Protects the hair from harmful elements like stress and environmental factors
- Promotes healthier and thicker hair
Reduce the risks of hair fall with Bondi Boost Hair Growth Shampoo for thicker and more luscious hair.
If you are tired of vacuuming the floor from all your falling hair, this best-selling shampoo at Ulta should be on your shopping list.
The Hair Growth Shampoo from Bondi Boost comes with a special formula made with peppermint, rosemary, aloe vera, and saw palmetto. All these nature-derived ingredients help prevent hair loss.
So stocking up on this best-selling shampoo at Ulta could be a great decision if you want to make your hair stronger, thicker, and healthier.
Best Shampoo at Ulta for Dry Hair
Flaunt your fuller, healthier mane with this sustainable and cruelty-free product that leaves each hair strand soft, bouncy, and shiny all day.
Key Benefits: Gets rid of dirt and residue buildup, protects against harsh environmental hazards, cleans without drying the hair
- Maintains cleaner hair for a long time
- Repairs damage due to everyday hair stressors
- Safe and effective for chemically-treated hair
Bring your limp hair back to life with Living Proof’s Full Shampoo, and say goodbye to limp and dry tresses for good.
Dealing with flat, dry, and lifeless hair can be annoying. It’s impossible to style and flaunt your hair if you live with this problem. Fortunately, Living Proof came up with a formula that addresses these issues.
By removing all dirt, grime, and residue buildup, this poduct will help turn your hair from drab to fab.
As a result, you will finally enjoy the maximum fullness you have been waiting for since your hair and scalp will be free from excess oil and dirt.
What’s more, using this shampoo helps you achieve well-nourished hair that smells great. Even your color-treated hair will thank you for this treat.
Kiss your frizz goodbye with this weightless hydrating shampoo and welcome a shinier, healthier mane.
Key Benefits: Hydrates without weighing the hair down, adds more shine as it smoothens frizz, cleans each strand gently
- Formulated with moringa seed oil to hydrate, smoothen, and detangle each strand
- Comes with sunflower seed extract for built-in UV protection
- Filled with antioxidants that help prevent damage due to free radicals
Be surprised with the ghost-like lightness of VERB Ghost Shampoo and see for yourself how one wash can change your locks for good.
Some shampoos weigh your hair down, but not this best-selling product from VERB.
It is the perfect buy if you aim to tame your frizz and introduce more luster to each hair strand.
Aside from hydrating your hair, it also helps avoid damage by keeping the scalp and hair free from environmental stress. This function became possible due to the shampoo’s green tea extract.
The aloe vera extract also offers a soothing effect on the irritated scalp. To get the best results, pair it with VERB Ghost Conditioner with every wash.
Tame your coarse, unruly hair by adding nutrients and moisture using this extremely hydrating shampoo.
Key benefits: Moisturizes each hair strand, controls and tames hair volume, softens hair at every wash
- Formulated with nature-derived ingredients to keep the hair moisturized
- Enhances moisture balance for rejuvenated and revitalized hair
- Leaves hair shiny and soft after every wash
Achieve smoother, tangle-free hair after every shower with BIOLAGE Ultra Hydra Source Shampoo, and you’ll never see your unruly hair again.
Make styling stress-free by using this moisture-balancing shampoo. You will notice how the brush glides in your hair without resistance with every wash.
This shampoo comes with a unique formula containing apricot kernel oil, aloe, and cupuacu butter to clean and hydrate the hair from the roots to the tips.
You can even use it on colored and chemically treated hair.
Get the most out of this product by pairing it with Biolage Ultra Hydra Source Conditioner.
Best Shampoo at Ulta for Volume
Breathe new life into your fine hair by reinforcing it with biotin, chia seed oil, and keratin in every wash.
Key Benefits: Leaves hair softer and bouncier, provides added volume, nourishes and refreshes the hair
- Comes in a lightweight yet volumizing formula to add more life to the hair
- Hydrates and thickens hair using moisturizing ingredients
- Works well with curly, wavy, coily, and straight hair
Make all heads turn as you walk inside the room by flaunting your hair using OUIA’s Fine Hair Shampoo.
Ever dreamed of having stronger hair? That is the common goal of people with fine and limp locks.
But don’t fret. We can suggest a product that helps strengthen and volumize your mane.
This product comes with biotin to strengthen and boost hair health by producing essential nutrients. It also contains hydrolyzed keratin to soothe and smoothen frizz and chia seed oil to thicken hair strands.
Aside from these fantastic benefits, you will also love the luscious scent of this shampoo.
With every use, you will enjoy the mixture of orange, Italian lemon, lily, iris, peony, orris, musk, jasmine, magnolia, and rose damask.
Forget your flat, lifeless hair with this volumizing biotin and collagen shampoo. You can expect your hair strand to look healthier and fuller with each wash.
Key Benefits: Thickens and adds more volume to the hair, leaves skin nourished, promotes silkier and more manageable hair
- Formulated with collagen, nature’s building block responsible for healthy hair
- Infused with biotin to help maximize hair growth and boost the strength of each strand
- Thickens the hair with vitamin B7 combined with hydrolyzed wheat protein
Enjoy full volume hair with OGX Thick & Full + Biotin & Collagen Hair Volumizing Shampoo. It will keep your hair healthy and nourished all the time too!
Expect thicker and more volumized hair after one wash using this potent shampoo.
With its revolutionary combination of active ingredients, you will notice your weak strands feeling fuller and looking more luscious than ever.
Aside from keeping your locks healthier, you will love this product’s mellow and invigorating scent. No wonder it is one of the best OGX shampoos in the market today.
So lather this volumizing hair wash as soon as you get home and enjoy your hair’s magical transformation.
Best Shampoo at Ulta for Damage Repair
Revive your intensely damaged hair in the most delicate way possible to make it look healthier and more manageable.
Key Benefits: Removes metallic residues using antioxidants, protects against hair breakage, repairs damages due to environmental factors
- Created with silk amino acids and micronized lipids to clean each hair strand
- Penetrates deep into the hair’s cortex for deeper cleaning
- Prevents future breakage by strengthening the roots to the tips
Erase signs of damage with Wella FUSIONPLEX Intense Repair Shampoo to make your hair look like its prime all the time.
Damaged hair needs all the care it can get, which is what this product will give you.
The shampoo aims to assist in repairing your hair by getting rid of impurities and leaving each strand clean and fresh. But aside from repairing the damage, it also helps prevent future breakage simultaneously.
Your hair will feel extra soft after every wash. As a result, the shine you lost will return in no time.
Best Shampoo at Ulta for Blonde Hair
Bring your blonde hair to new heights with this citric acid infused purple shampoo.
Key Benefits: Protects and enhances the color of blonde hair, strengthens and repairs hair from the roots, leaves hair softer and silkier
- Infused with citric acid to fix hair problems straight from the core
- Gets rid of unwanted shades of orange and brassiness to keep blonde hair brighter
- Gently cleanses and moisturizes the scalp and hair strands
Blonde hair does not have to be boring with Redken Color Extend Blondage Color Depositing Purple Shampoo and keep it soft and lustrous.
One of the major problems blonde-haired women face is the streaks of orange that make each strand look brassy.
Fortunately, this product smartly combines citric acid and pure violet pigments to neutralize the shade and bring back shine to your hair. It works even without using hair toners to remove the brassiness.
Aside from correcting brassiness, you will also love this product’s ability to keep the hair soft, smooth, and healthy with every wash.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes a Good Shampoo?
The basic characteristics of a good shampoo include its capacity to clean all dirt and oil and leave hair manageable, shiny, and healthy.
A good shampoo should also be easy to rinse.
What Should You Avoid in a Shampoo?
Shampoo containing harmful ingredients like sulfates, parabens, formaldehyde, and triclosan may damage your hair and cause various health problems.
So always read the product’s label before purchasing your shampoo.
How Often Should You Shampoo Your Hair?
Experts suggest washing the hair once every other day for up to three days in a week. You may also start shampooing once your hair becomes excessive or when the scalp begins to itch.
Find the Best Shampoo for Your Needs
These are some of the trendiest shampoos available in Ulta you can buy without leaving your couch. You only need to ensure that the product suits your needs to give you the most benefits after every wash.