This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
From Runway to Real Life: Black & White Colorblock Finds
After seeing the latest runway trends, black and white colorblock is here to stay. While it’s never ‘out of style’, the look is a currently very, very ‘in’ – à la Beyonce rocking a jumpsuit at the Grammy’s and her Vogue March cover.
What’s so cool about wearing black and white is that it’s extremely timeless and it leaves you with plenty of room to play with accessories. Got a pair of red pumps? Can’t decide between gold or silver jewelry? Not an issue here! Check out these seven finds to jump into the colorblock craze.
1. Sleeveless Tank – This silk, flowy option from J Crew ($49.99 on sale) looks great on its own and with a cardigan or blazer over it. Even if you wear something over it, you can still see colorblocking peeking out at the bottom. It makes a great piece for work and you can even experiment with different colored bottoms such as colored jeans or trousers, or a pencil skirt.
2. Shoulder Bag – A purse that will go with everything! The envelope style of this Cordoba Clutch ($98) is very classic and easy to get in and out of. The chain strap dresses it up a bit more, making it a great day to night option.
3. Button-up – I am a huge fan of the contrast sleeve look and this Black and Ivory Top from Lulu’s ($39) shirt fits the bill! The sheerness of the white sleeves make it a bit more playful and the black cuffs are amazing. This top is begging to be worn with a statement necklace!
4. Sweater Dress – This dress available at White House Black Market ($89.99) works incredibly well with your proportions without you having to do any work. No separate pieces, no belts – just one great piece to get you looking very put together. When shopping for items like this, be sure to keep your body in mind and make sure the colorblocking is enhancing what you’ve already got!
5. Watch – A cool watch from Cold Picnic ($99) that falls between girly and sporty. Black watches don’t get a whole lot of love but I think this sleek option is some classy wrist candy right here. The subtle colorblocking around the face doesn’t make it too wacky.
6. Black and White Nail Polish – These two polishes, Wet n’ Wild’s Black Creme (99¢) and FingerPaints’ Paper Mache ($5.29) polishes are top favorites by nail junkies for nail art. They are highly pigmented, creamy and dirt cheap. Now get started on some cute colorblock nails!
7. Geometric Clutch – This Nine West clutch ($59.99) may be small, but it surely makes a huge statement with its geometric design. It has a hard shell too, so everything stays neat and protected inside.
we heartsters – Are you back on board or did you never get off the colorblock train?
- Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick Swatches and Review - April 29, 2015
- L’Oreal Glossy Balms Swatches And Review - January 14, 2015
- bareMinerals Afternoon Delight & I Love The Nightlife Holiday Sets - December 12, 2014