This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
You asked, we deliver – our new drugstore beauty column!
Who doesn’t love a drugstore find? There’s something about a deal that’s the biggest thrill of all! But deals don’t stop at the drugstore. Wouldn’t you like to know about a killer sale? How about an Etsy bargain? It’s with that in mind that we we are proud to introduce our new column, Budget Beauty.
For our inaugural post, we’ve got drugstore giant L’Oreal, (the company single handedly responsible for my lip product addiction, from the purchase of my first lipstick; Mica). Today we’re looking at their newest lipstick Infallible Le Rouge ($9.99).
If you’ve been anywhere near a TV lately, you’ve had to have noticed these commercials, starring the ever-lovely Gwen Stefani. And if you were anywhere near a Twitter account on the night of the Golden Globes (when the commercial first aired) you know that everyone was a flutter with wonder of what shade she was wearing. Well, the smart cookies at L’Oreal were watching their tweets, and instantly let everyone know that her beautiful shade was Blazing Sangria (note: not the shade I’m wearing, keep reading…)
In person Blazing Sangria doesn’t look quite as red as it did in the ad. As a matter of fact, many have mistakenly cited her shade as Ravishing Red. I decided to stray from bright red (since I own approximately a gazillion) and went with the brick red shown here: #741 Bold Bordeaux.
Infallible is a longwear formula. Just how long? L’Oreal says that it can last up to 10 hours. That’s a pretty bold claim! How’s it stack up, with that and everything else? Here are my pros and cons…
• While I didn’t get 10 hours of color, I did get 6 before I noticed even the slightest bit of fading.
• Once this is dry, it’s not going anywhere. I drank, ate, talked and laughed up a storm; and it stayed put. There was even minimal transfer when I TRIED to transfer it to a napkin. Impressive.
• The pigmentation is ah-mazing! These are packed with rich color.
• They come in a really great range of wearable shades. Nothing revolutionary, but something truly for everyone.
• Being the packaging fanatic that I am, I like the silver tube and the etched logo in the lipstick. Nice touch!
• There’s only one, but unfortunately it’s a big one. While it starts out creamy, once it dries it has a very tacky finish. And not lipgloss kind of tacky. Tacky like half dried adhesive. I could feel my lips sticking together when I smacked them, and it wasn’t super pleasant. I learned on further applications, that balm or gloss helps a lot. But it also cuts down on the wear time.
My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
I can deal with the stick for 6 hours of rich color. While I wouldn’t wear this everyday, this is a great special occasion lipstick (a day when you don’t want to be doing constant touch ups).
we heartsters, have you tried L’Oreal Infallible Le Rouge? What say you?
Disclosure: This post may contain an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.