This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Fall into Sephora’s COLOR VISION for the season’s hottest hues
Fall is in the air, ladies, and this season is calling for dramatic eyes framed with pitch-black. Think drama. Fortunately, Buxom has all of your eye-enhancing needs in the form of their Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara and their Pen & Ink Long-Last Eyeliner.
The secret behind Buxom’s Buxom Sculpted mascara ($19) is their S-curve brush. Designed to pull and contour and sweep your lashes into their sooty and sexy best, the brush does more than apply mascara. The brush snares and coats every lash and sweeps your lashes up and out.
One of my pet peeves is mascara that pulls the curl out of my lash and the S-curved brush actually helped pull the lash wider and set the curl quite nicely. This mascara gives you the lashes that you wish you were born with – full, luxurious, and sinfully dark. If the eyes are the windows to the soul, give yourself some gorgeous curtains!
3 things to know about Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara:
1. This mascara has a divine, nourishing formula that felt nice on my lashes.
2. While gentle, the formula is also robust, offering dark, voluminous lashes.
3. I recommend reading the instructions inside the box. I know, you are probably thinking, “I already know how to put on mascara”, but trust me on this, you will get far better results if you know how to use the S-curve brush properly. I, for one, was confused about the little outer curved tip, until I read the instructions and saw that it was perfect for lower lashes.
Believe me when I say the Pen & Ink liquid liner ($20) is long lasting. This is coming from the girl that nothing lasts on. I’ve been afraid to wear black liner for the simple fact that it usually smudges so quickly and so terribly on me, it’s just best left to the professionals.
This liner has changed my tune. One slash of this inky liner across my lash line gave my eyes so much depth, as a black liner tends to do, but the fact that this looked fresh at the end of the day made me a true believer.
3 things to know about Buxom Pen & Ink Long-Last Eyeliner:
1. The liner is wide, flat with a thin tip. This makes it easy to dot between lashes for a more natural look, or sweep on a dramatic cat’s eye (like Stef’s fab line above). Just use the flat side for thickness, then rotate the liner to the thin tip to wing it out at the end.
2. Apply this liner slowly – this isn’t as “wet” as some liquid liners and if you attempt to apply it too quickly, you’ll jerk your lid around and not get pristine results. The best things in life take time!
3. If you’ve found black liner un-wearable because it travels or melts on you, this is the one for you! Be warned: You may find yourself spending quite a bit of your free time writing poems or songs pledging your love for it. Possibly haikus.
Lastly, I present to you a haiku about the awesomeness that is Buxom:Eyes framed in dark night
Buxom lashes and liner
Inky black delight
we heartsters – Does Buxom have you writing an ode to their long lasting formulas?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby, an obscenely big-eared dog, and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. She also has an obsessive love of Tom Selleck’s moustache that is, quite frankly, alarming.
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. It also may contain an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.