This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Here are the top three products that I’m crushing on this week…
• It’s criminal what I do to my hair. Dying, heat styling, elastic bands; it’s tortured (and usually looks the part.) Which is why I’m a huge fan of deep conditioning products. If I want my hair to have any resemblance of “health” they are a necessity.
There’s also a certain luxury to a deep conditioner (particularly a mask) that I really enjoy. An ultra creamy product that requires you to slow down and allow it to do its magic? Yes, please. It can sometimes be the only time I relax all day!
For all these reasons, I ADORE the Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! deep conditioning mask ($26). It may just be the best smelling haircare product I’ve ever used. I can’t exactly place it, but it has a light floral meets wood scent that smells much more like a high-end perfume than a conditioner. Really, I want to bottle it, or slather myself in it!
But it’s what it does, rather than smells like, that has me gaga. Specifically for dry, damaged, or chemically-treated hair (check, check and check), it’s loaded with a myriad of good stuff like” avocado, sweet almond & argan oils, strengthening keratin protein, power-conditioning rosehip oil, soothing aloe, and super hair-essential vitamins B5, D, A, E and biotin.” I even see my beloved Calendula on the ingredients list.
The Be Gentle, Be Kind shampoo and Blossom and Bloom volumizing conditioner are pretty fabulous as well. But it’s Don’t Despair, Repair that I find myself looking forward to in the shower the most. Since I’ve started using it, my hair looks healthier and shinier, feels softer and smells incredible. As a matter of fact, I was at an event on Monday and TWO people (count ’em, two!) told me my hair looked great and I absolutely give Briogeo the credit.
• If you are a lipstick lover, I’d like you to meet your new favorite! MAC Huggable Lipcolour ($20) is 12 limited edition shades that offer just about everything you want in a lip color. They’re uber shiny, beautifully pigmented, moisturizing and one of the most comfortable formulas that I’ve ever had the pleasure of wearing.
They’re a gel rather than a cream and let me tell you, gel makes for a really plush feeling lipstick! The formula is even said to helps boost collagen.
Red Necessity – berry red
Cherry Glaze – bright orange red
Fashion Force – bright coral
Touche – light peachy tan (calling fellow nude lovers, I LOVE this!)
I couldn’t part with even one of the shades we received (sorry team!) Between the lush formula and beautiful colors, I just couldn’t share. And I’m half tempted to make the other eight shades mine before they break my heart around Valentine’s Day when they’re no longer for sale.
• I’m a big supporter of long-wearing eye products. Except for one downside; getting them off. It’s great when you’re up in da club, not so great when you’re trying to go to bed. Which is why I always keep an oil based makeup remover in my arsenal.
Murad Renewing Cleansing Oil ($32) is a particularly luxurious one, both in price and formula. But the bottle is huge (6 oz) and it works so well that I don’t mind the semi-splurge.
You can use it on your face and lips as well. I have a love/hate relationship with oil (yay, oily skin: less wrinkles! boo, oily skin: makeup slides off my face!) , so I only use it on my eyes. But I would imagine if you have dry or even normal skin, you’ll definitely use this to the most of its capabilities.
This goes above and beyond a typical oil-based eye makeup remover. Because it is a cleansing oil, it ever so slightly lathers when water is added. So it rinses its own oiliness away, but leaves you feeling moisturized. I feel like I’m treating my eye area instead of just stripping things away. Good stuff!
we heartsters – what are you currently crushing on?
Stef is many things. Amongst them: co-editor of we heart this, photographer, condiment connoisseur, Philly girl in the California desert, borderline hoarder and a hardcore beauty junkie.
skin tone: NC 25/30
skin type: oily with a fear of rosacea
favorite beauty product: high end skincare and lip products
- Before and After Microblading Photos (And Why the Healing Process is A LOT Easier Now…) - November 3, 2019
- Here’s How to Fight Skin Aging Inside and Out… - April 23, 2019
- New Season, Healthier You - April 19, 2019