This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Welcome to my July DIY of the month at we heart this! Inspired by the latest trend of friendship bracelets, this one lets you pick your three favorite colors to make a one-of-a-kind, custom Braided Charm Bracelet.
You’ll want to make several – some for yourself to stack on one arm – and some to give away to your friends. They’re so easy to make, you’ll probably find yourself making quite a few this summer season.
DIY Braided Charm Bracelet
DIY Braided Charm Bracelet Supplies:
• Three skeins of embroidery thread
• Sewing needle and thread
• Jewelry clasp
• Jewelry pliers
• Jump rings
• Clear nailpolish, optional (not shown)
Green Tip: take charms from broken or old jewelry and repurpose them with this fun bracelet.
1) Measure your wrist, and multiply that by two. Cut nine strands of embroidery thread using this measurement, and tie them together.
2) Trim the ends if needed, and separate into three groups of three. Braid until you reach the length of your wrist plus a little extra.
3) Repeat with the two other colors. Group them together and tie together. Tie another knot where the braids end. Trim down if needed.
4) Using the jewelry pliers, attach jump rings to the strands of the bracelet. Then, attach charms. You can do this at random or set intervals – it’s up to you.
5) If you’d like the charms to stay in place, insert a jump ring straight through a braid.
6) When you’re done adding the charms, take some needle and thread and attach the jump ring to one end of the bracelet. Repeat with the other half of the clasp.
7) If you’d like, dab some clear nail polish on the knots for extra security.
And you’re done. I hope you enjoy customizing your own charm bracelets for wearing or gifting!
we heartsters – do you have an old piece or two of jewelery that’s perfect for this project? Meet me in the comments to talk crafts, charms and to ask any questions.