This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Bring Fashion Week to your home ~ Create this must-have bag!
Autumn is almost upon us, New York Fashion Week is in full swing, and we’ve all got fall style on the mind. Today, I have the perfect DIY to add a touch of runway worthy fashion to your fall wardrobe. Even better it will barely cost you a thing and may recycle a bag that is bound for the yard sale pile.
Who doesn’t love the leather fringe bags that have been spotted all over the fashion world recently? I know I do! That’s why this week, I wanted to take a once loved, now sort of tired, purse and make it fabulously fringy.
• An old leather purse
• Some pieces of leather
• A pair of sharp scissors
• Strong adhesive – I used Amazing Goop”but if you have E6000 (mentioned in earlier wht DIYs) that will work also
• Measuring tape – not shown
1. Start by figuring out where you would like to place your fringe. Measure that area to determine the size of the leather that you will need.
2. Time to make the fringe! I wanted two rows of fringe on the edge of my bag. Cut the fringe on each side of the leather, leaving a space about ½” down the center. The width of the fringes is your own preference; I went back and cut mine thinner later.
3. Once all of the fringe pieces are cut, fold the piece in half and put a line of glue in the space that you left. Tip: Read your glue instructions in order to get the best adhesion.
4. Lay the glue line where you want it on your bag and press down making sure the surfaces are flat together. Repeat this step with more pieces if needed.
5. Let dry overnight (at least).
6. Enjoy your fashionable new bag!
we heartsters – do you have a closet of old bags that could use come new life? How do you update old, but good pieces to keep in style?