This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
As any fashionista will tell you, it’s all about the details. This DIY jewelry project, a Twisted Pearl Brooch, will add simple yet elegant style to anything you wear.
I was inspired to make this brooch after seeing this brooch in the February issue of Teen Vogue by Slow and Steady Wins the Race. Ready to make your own? let’s get started!
• Medium size pearls strung (I used 2 strings)
• 1 Large pearl
• Hot glue
1. Cut two pieces of your felt about 2 inches across.
2. Trim them together and round the corners.
3. Using your hot glue, glue the felt pieces together.
4. Glue the end beads from each of your strings to the center of your felt.
5. Start twisting your strings of beads and gluing them down to your felt. Keep doing this until you’ve covered all of your felt.
6. Glue the ends down and secure the strings.
7. Glue your large pearl in the center of your strung beads.
8. Glue your pinback to the back of your felt.
This brooch looks great as white on white or mix it up with lots of color! The fun organic shape keeps the pearls from being from being too stuffy and adds an unexpected twist to a edgy outfit. To see more fabulous fashion DIY’s check out my blog Trinkets in Bloom to ‘Create Your Style’!
we heartsters – Tell me about your latest DIY jewelry projects!