This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
10 TIPS TO KEEP SKIN HAPPY AND HEALTHY ALL WINTER LONG
All the wonderful signs of winter are in play – sweaters and boots are making their appearance, there’s a nip of frost in the air, pumpkin and cinnamon are featured on every menu and kids (and adults) are already writing out their holiday wish lists. One sign of winter that is not so wonderful? Dry, itchy, red, and irritated skin. But thanks to our friends at Eucerin, you can beat those winter skin blahs with a few simple tricks and tips!
As members of the Eucerin Skin First Network we’ve been fortunate to try almost every product they offer on your local drugstore shelves. And while my face may have combination skin, my body is always dry and in need of moisture. When the cold air hits, and the dry heat is turned on in my home, my skin normally suffers the consequences. But this year, thanks to regular use of Eucerin’s Intensive Repair products, my skin is soft, happy and healthy.
This line is formulated to moisturize, exfoliate and condition even your roughest, driest skin – and they work! The fragrance-free formulas won’t irritate sensitive skin or clog pores. My itchy skin is instantly relieved with a layer of Eucerin Intensive Repair and with daily application the flakes and dry patches disappeared.
To help your skin feel as great as mine, Eucerin has passed along a five tips to winter-ize your skin to share with our we heart this readers – and I’m adding five of my own!
1. Cold weather can be tough on your hands; be sure to keep a pair of gloves in your purse to protect against harsh winter elements.
2. To relieve dryness associated with frequent hand washing, be sure to wash with lukewarm water, use a gentle soap, and apply Eucerin Intensive Repair Extra-Enrich Hand Crème right after drying your hands.
3. When your hands are extra dry hands, pick up a pair of white cotton gloves and use them for a nighttime treatment. Slather the Intensive Repair Extra-Enrich Hand Crème on hands at night before bed, and cover with the gloves. You’ll awake to noticeably softer hands.
4. Keep your showers short and sweet and use lukewarm water. Bathing for long periods in hot water can cause skin to lose natural oils and nutrients.
5. When the weather starts to cool, transition from your foamy body soaps to a moisturizing cleanser. I’ve been using the soap-free Eucerin Skin Calming Dry Skin Body Wash with fabulous results. The fragrance-free formula cleanses my body, while Omega oils help to soothe and moisturize sensitive skin.
6. Try Eucerin Intensive Repair Extra Enriched Foot Crème to help repair dry, cracked heels and feet this season.
7. You can use a pair of white, cotton socks to give your feet a nighttime treatment too! Just apply the Intensive Repair Extra Enriched Foot Crème and cover them with a pair of clean socks. Overnight the crème will sink into feet, visibly healing dry cracked skin.
8. Summer may be over, but you still need to drink your water! Getting in at least 8 glasses a day can help you moisturize your skin from the inside out.
9. Getting a full six to eight hours of sleep is important for your overall well-being and helps your skin look its best. Get to bed early to get plenty of shut-eye.
10. Pay attention to your posture while at your desk. This sounds strange, but if you have dry cracked elbows you’ll thank me for it. I noticed that my left elbow was noticeably drier and dingier than my right. Eventually I realized this was the elbow I leaned upon while sitting at my desk. After a few weeks of sitting properly, my left elbow is markedly softer without the ugly cracks.
Want more? For additional tips and to get personalized recommendations from Eucerin dermatologists visit their Facebook page!
we heartsters – how do you change up your skin care routine during the winter months?
photos: we heart this