This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Recognize the name Michael Todd? You should! If you’re long time reader of we heart this you’ve seen reviews right here. Or if you attended one of the animal charity raffles we’ve sponsored, you’ve received an item in your gift bag that was generously donated to the cause. But if you’re new to the line, sit back this Green Monday and let me introduce you to their Pumpkin Nutrient-Rich Facial Mask, aka an exfoliant extraordinaire! (3.4 fl oz for $34).
The company has shifted its efforts from cosmetics to skincare, releasing a line of organic skincare that rivals all that I’ve tried. And the Pumpkin Facial Mask may just be the cream of the organic crop. Though feel free to browse their site, everything you see is as green as can be. Me? The exfoliant lover that I am was happy to have this be my first launch into the line. I slathered my face with it and let the testing begin…
Oo-wee, it packs a tingle! A tingle that borders on a sting actually. But just for the first minute. I personally love a good tingle because I know it’s working. I’ll admit I’m usually one to buck rules, but they say this is not for sensitive skin and they really mean it.
That tingle is the pumpkin enzyme (the 1st ingredient), combined with the glycolic acid of sugar cane, (the 3rd ingredient) going to town on your skin’s flaws. I love to imagine the enzyme as little pac-man type things, munching away at impurities like dead skin and clogged pores. The second ingredient, Bilberry, is no slouch either. It’s known to reduces inflammation, giving a soothing effect to what the other two are doing.
It also smells EXACTLY like pumpkin pie. But don’t eat it. I know someone who licked her finger to check only to find out it does not taste like pumpkin pie. What a dummy, huh? Ok…that dummy was me. What can I say? It’s been a long time since I had pie.
After 5-10 minutes when the mask has dried, you wash it off to reveal a beautifully smooth face. Seriously smooth. I asked my hubby to feel my face and tell me what he thought. “It’s like a baby’s bum!” was his answer. My skin also looks brighter after I use this. Smooth and bright, could I ask for anything else?
• Serious exfoliating power.
• Leaves skin smooth and bright.
• My products absorb into my skin more thoroughly after use.
• Website lists ingredients (why don’t all sites do this?)
• All products in the line use things you’ll recognize: apricot, avocado, carrot, cranberry, orange, pumpkin and tropical fruits to name a few.
• All products are sans mineral oil and other petrochemicals. Oils are from olive, coconut, jojoba, neem, seabuckthorn seed and tea tree.
• Free of parabens, triclosans, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic dyes and fragrances.
• States on every package the precise percentage of organically grown plants and fruits used and if it is vegan.
• The 1st minute tingle maybe too intense for some.
• Not for sensitive skin.
• $49 is not exactly cheap (though you do get a lot of product).
My verdict? Michael Todd’s Pumkpin Mask will please exfoliant fanatics, organic connoisseurs and skin care lovers alike!
we heartsters, if you are any of the above, let us know if that sounds like something you’d like to try!
Disclosure: This is a we heart this Sponsor Feature; a post highlighting an advertiser. It also includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.