This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
A few tips on how to add some floral flair into your wardrobe
For some of you, spring has sprung! Some of us (ahem) are still stuck in winter and the spring fever is no joke. Lately I’ve been seeing lots and lots of floral popping up everywhere and I’m not just talking about the outdoors.
This trend has taken over almost everything imaginable and like a fresh field of flowers, it’s quite refreshing! Some associate floral print with being ultra girly, but I think now that there are so many incredible options, you can rock the print in a whole new way.
Check out my 7 favorite pieces followed by some tips for wearing floral:
1. This floral blouse from Target ($22.99) is such a score. It looks high-end, the colors are pleasing to the eye, and the fact that it has a tan backdrop means that it’s not too bright. Wear this with cutoff shorts, black skinny jeans or tucked into a pencil skirt.
2. There’s nothing more optimistic on a rainy day than a flower adorned umbrella. This one from Topshop ($32) has a girly look to it and I wouldn’t mind spinning it around the next time it pours!
3. No time for nail art? It’s easy breezy with these Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Spring Fever ($9). The application process is very simple and you’re left with very cool patterned nails. This whole line is awesome.
4. This floral skirt from Topshop ($96) is so romantic. The full, knee-length style can sometimes feel very “tea party” so everything else you wear should be basic. Matched with a simple white tee or blouse and jean jacket, it could be your go-to weekend brunch outfit with the girls.
5. Everyone should own a pair of patterned shorts for the summer! I love these from the Gap ($49.95). They are 100% cotton which means super comfortable. Pair with a chambray top and your favorite sandals and you’re good to go.
6. My addiction for changing up my iPhone case doesn’t seem to stop. I love this one from Urban Outfitters ($16). If you don’t want to dive head on into the floral clothing trend, accessorizing your most loved accessory is always an option.
7. Floral print shoes are so much fun when you need something to spruce up your most basic outfits. These Sidewalk Skimmers from Madewell ($69.50) would look lovely with a white sun dress or even a pair of light blue boyfriend jeans.
Still unsure about wearing floral prints? These simple tips can help:
There are different types of floral. There’s big floral patterns and small floral patterns – and they produce totally different looks.
Big floral can be dramatic, eye-catching and statement making. You may see this on a dress or a blouse and it will look the same up close and far away.
Small floral is easy to pull off if you want to embrace patterns but not be too showy about it. The flowers are smaller, closer together and more uniform. It’s a bit easier to accessorize or dress around a small floral pattern.
Embrace the floral colors exactly as you would with solid colors. That means pick colors that you know look good on you and your skin tone, and colors that make you happy.
And remember, it’s easy to get carried away with patterns because they can be so pleasing to the eye. Once on, it can be a whole other story. For instance, I know that I can’t rock light-colored pants as much as dark-colored ones, so I will follow my same preferences with patterns. It all works out the same pretty much!
we heartsters – are you going to fall into the floral frenzy this spring and summer? Did any of these pieces catch your eye?
Disclosure: This post may contain an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.
- Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick Swatches and Review - April 29, 2015
- L’Oreal Glossy Balms Swatches And Review - January 14, 2015
- bareMinerals Afternoon Delight & I Love The Nightlife Holiday Sets - December 12, 2014