This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Flirt just made come hither eyes a whole lot easier.
I am not ashamed to admit that I love help from experts – especially when the advice involves makeup colors. Creativity and I have just never been simpatico. Even after 20+ years of playing with makeup, I wish every company would offer a service along these lines: “Based on the picture you sent us, you should wear this eyeshadow – and pair it with this blush and this lipstick. Here’s even a gloss if you’re really feeling adventurous!”
FLIRT! Cosmetics has come to my rescue with its new-for-spring limited edition Flirty Eye Enhancing Palettes (on sale at Kohl’s for $13.60). The four palettes are designed with colors that enhance blue, brown, green, or hazel eyes. Great ideas like this are why they have been gaining more and more respect in the makeup world. Bloggers especially have a high opinion of FLIRT!, some even giving it the highest praise possible; comparing it to MAC (both of which are owned by Estee Lauder).
Each palette has four generous pans of shimmery colors, which are numbered 1-4. The box gives easy application instructions to best compliment your eyes.
I tested the Flirty Eye Enhancing Palette for Brown Eyes. Which includes (shown in the above photo from left to right):
1 – Beige (beautiful all over color – reminds me of champagne with pink undertones)
2 – Caramel (very warm and pretty true caramel for the lid)
3 – Coffee Bean Brown (dark and deeply pigmented shimmery brown for the crease and liner)
4 – Shimmery Turquoise (bright and deeply pigmented to make inner corner pop)
Following primer, I applied each color as instructed, using a large shadow brush for colors 1 and 2, an angle brush for the crease and a smudge brush for the liner to apply color 3 and a smudger for color 4. I used a blending brush at the end.
• These colors are beautiful, deeply pigmented and have just the right amount of adult-like shimmer
• The shadows go on nicely and have decent staying power – especially with a primer.
• The mirror in the palette is huge!
• The palette has a good, heavy feel to it and a strong closure
• There is some fallout with these shades, even with a primer. I would say the quality is somewhere between drugstore and department store (which the price reflects as well).
• You may encounter some packaging issues. Two of my pans are slightly out of the base and look like they could fall out.
• I think it may be subjective what colors work best with your eyes. The brown palette was definitely pretty and unusual, but not the best color combo I’ve ever seen on my eyes. Now I do have light brown eyes – so maybe this combo is made more for dark brown eyes, but I did find myself wanting to try all the other palettes – not necessarily a bad thing!
Here’s a look at the other palettes…
Check the comments to see the review team thoughts on all the palettes, but what do you think readers? Would you buy a product designed specifically for your eye color or do you like to keep your options open?
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.