This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
No sweat: looking stylish while working out
This fashion post was inspired by a recent wht 3 Things post related to working out. I know, big groan! After finding a favorite workout or instructor that you can truly dedicate yourself to (#1 most important!), I think the next most motivating thing is feeling confident and cute in your workout clothes. It may sound materialistic, but you have the option to rock your favorite colors and enhance your silhouettes; there’s no reason to stick with the old baggy shirt and sweatpants.
Truth be told, I will never be one of those girls at the gym who can sashay on an elliptical in just a sports bra and short shorts alone…and that’s totally okay with me. One of the best things about shopping the many options out there is knowing I’ll find something that will compliment me and my budget. Yes, these are clothes that will be drenched in sweat, but it’s all about looking great and feeling great – before, during and after working out.
Here are some of my cute and fashionable workout picks as of late:
1. This Wrap Around Workout Top from Forever 21 ($12.80) is feminine and perfect for throwing on after yoga, pilates or even after a dance class. Thumb holes in the sleeves keep the wind out and it looks chic over any outfit.
2. If a blast of color is your thing, Target is the place to go for comfy, affordable workout tees and tanks in a rainbow of colors. The C9 by Champion Power Workout Tees ($9.99) are moisture-wicking and the C9 by Champion Ribbed Tanks ($12.99) are comfy and available in cute patterns to pair with black workout leggings.
3. Are you the type to work out in all black? Aerie’s Seamless Sport Bra ($19.95) is a fun way to incorporate color into your workout wardrobe without committing big time.
4. Seriously, how fun are these Nike Flex 2012 Running Sneakers ($80)? They are lightweight and perfect for summer runs and the color combos instantly perk me up.
5. My workout bag is currently a plain ol’ tote, but I would love to upgrade to this fabulous Roxy Pull Rank Bag ($88). The exterior wet/dry compartment is much needed for spin class or muddy runs. It also has lots of interior pockets for ultimate organization.
6. I can’t help but fall in love with bkr glass water bottles ($28 – $32). They are a bit pricy but they are FDA approved, BPA-free, BPA replacement free and phthalate free. These bottles are housed in the prettiest silicone sleeves, making it so hard to choose which one to take home with you. They will surely make you want to end your relationship with plastic bottles for good.
we heartsters – what are your favorite workout clothes and accessories?
- Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick Swatches and Review - April 29, 2015
- L’Oreal Glossy Balms Swatches And Review - January 14, 2015
- bareMinerals Afternoon Delight & I Love The Nightlife Holiday Sets - December 12, 2014