This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
If you’ve been in a store in the last couple weeks, you know that Christmas is right around the corner. (Yes, two months away is considered just around the corner.) As all of you fellow beauty-product obsessives know, that means the holiday collections of makeup and more are now out! This year, my only difficulty is in narrowing down all of the glorious goodies that I am coveting. There are so many beautiful things out right now, hopefully I can help you narrow down your list, too.
Top Ten Holiday Beauty Must Haves for 2016
1. Bobbi Brown 25th Anniversary Lip Collection ($115) — Features all 10 of Bobbi’s original lipsticks in a mini size. These lipsticks are incredibly flattering with a semi-matte finish and vitamins C & E to comfort lips. The shades Brown and Blackberry are two of my favorite lipsticks and I can’t wait to add the mini versions to my travel kit.
2. Burberry Festive 2016 Beauty Box ($35) — Features minis of Luminious Fluid Base in Nude Radiance No. 1, Lip Velvet in Military Red, Cat Lashes in Jet Black and a FULL-SIZE Eye Color Silk in Pale Barley. I should note: the full-size shadow alone retails for $29, so for $35 you get an extra mini mascara, lipstick and luminizer. Yes, please!
3. Clé de Peau Beauté Limited Edition Eye Color Palette ($125) — This gorgeous palette contains a selection of shimmering and matte shadows. While $125 is a bit pricey for a shadow palette, just look at a picture of this beauty and try to resist. Go ahead, TRY. That’s what I thought…
4. Jo Malone Christmas Cracker Set ($45) — I always love the idea of Christmas crackers, little paper party favors at Christmas dinner that pull open to reveal tiny presents inside. This one from Jo Malone contains Mimosa and Cardamon Body Créme, Basil and Neroli Cologne and Blackberry & Bay Body and Hand Wash. I love everything about this.
5. NARS and Sarah Moon True Story Cheek & Lip Palette ($59) — This blush fanatic is crushing over this holiday palette from NARS. It contains a full-size Mysterious Red Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and FOUR blushes: Outlaw, Devotee, and 2 limited edition shades, Myth and Unwritten. Myth and Unwritten are only available in this set, so if you’re obsessed with blush, add this palette to your list.
6. MAC Nutcracker Sweet Pink Patentpolish Kit ($35) — This set contains 4 mini Patentpolishes in shades ranging from the palest pink to a rosy ruby shade. The colors in this set just call to my pink lip color-loving self. I really don’t think you can go wrong with any of MAC’s Holiday Nutcracker Sweet collection this year, the entire collection is on my lust list.
7. Kat Von D MetalMatte Eyeshadow Palette ($60) — This gorgeously pigmented palette contains 13 matte shadows and 9 Metal Crush shades (that’s 22 different shadows for those of you who hate math). I’ve really been digging Kat Von D’s line this past year and this eyeshadow palette is killing me with how gorgeous it is. Just look at the matte forest green shade, Moss. I mean, I die!
8. Sephora Favorites Chic It Easy ($49) — This collection combines all of the favorites to help you replicate the beauty looks of French women in one kit. How chic is that? The set contains a FULL-SIZE NARS lipstick in Jungle Red and Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in No. 2 Luminous Ivory. The Touche Eclat alone is $42, so this is an amazing deal. (According to Sephora, it’s a $143 value!) Also included in this set are deluxe minis of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Formula X Polish In Pyrotechnic (red), Klorane Dry Shampoo and a MAKE UP FOREVER Aqua XL Eye Pencil in M-10 (black).
9. Marc Jacobs Beauty Object of Desire Face and Eye Palette ($69) — I love palettes that include shadows AND blush, but this one takes it further with a luminizer and a bronzer, too (or “brown blush” as this pale girl calls it). The colors in this palette look like they’d easily go from day-to-night and honestly, they had me at the tassel. I can’t resist a tassel, folks.
10. Charlotte Tilbury Film Noir Nights lipstick/eyeliner duo ($49) — I’ve written about them before, but I am hooked on Charlotte Tilbury’s Matte Revolution lipsticks. They are among my very favorites, which is saying something for me. This set includes Opium Noir, a deep, blackened red Matte Revolution lipstick that is currently exclusive to this set. Also included is their bestselling Rock ‘n’ Kohl eyeliner in Bedroom Black. As a sucker for great packaging, I fell in love with the idea of this reusable gift box that lights up like a vintage vanity mirror. I swoon!
So there you have it we heartsters, the top 10 holiday beauty must-haves that are on my wish list this year. Are any of my beauty lusts on your list, too? Do you already own something on this list? Let’s hear about it in the comments section!
- Pat McGrath Lust: Gloss – The Only Lip Gloss You’ll Ever Need - July 9, 2019
- CoTZ Pure Botanicals & Minerals – Mineral Sunscreen Review - May 23, 2019
- Who Wants Cake? (Answer: We ALL Want Cake!) - April 4, 2019