Found! The perfect nude lip (six of them, in fact)
My back-to-school years are long behind me, but I’ve never lost my fetish for school supply shopping. And at the store, I always head straight for the crayons. I might not be coloring that much as an adult, but I still love the look, feel and smell of a fresh crayon.
A big box, chock full of colors, always makes my heart beat a little faster, but I never dreamed that six shades of nude could do the same thing. As always, Hourglass Cosmetics is ahead of the game, creating makeup joy in ways most companies would never envision.
The Femme Nude Lip Stylo ($30) brings us a “nude for every mood,” six naked shades that add fullness and dimension to the lips, creating a natural, longlasting finish. Basically a big retractable crayon housed in a heavy, luxurious tube, the wht team got an up close look at three of the shades:
Nude No. 2 – Honey Beige (light peaches and cream)
Nude No. 4 – Pink Beige, (light/medium nude pink cream)
Nude No. 5 – Shimmering Golden Peach, (pinkish-peach nude with faint shimmer)
I tested out Nude No. 4, a warm pink nude that comes close to the color of my lips, but perfects them with creamy, full coverage. The color has a slight gleam that keeps it from being too flat.
I also tried Nude No. 5, a rich warm nude enhanced with barely visible micro-shimmer that adds dimension and depth to the color without overt sparkle.
The formula is extremely creamy and the satin finish stays put for hours. Hourglass Cosmetics claims these chunky crayons will never need sharpening, and after a few weeks of heavy use, I think they’re right. Because I apply the color sideways, the pencil has retained its point. A turn mechanism in the pencil’s base will allow me to twist more product up when needed.
• Between the six crayons, there is a perfect nude for practically any skintone.
• Packaging is heavy and solid. The lid shuts with a satisfying click.
• Hourglass is a cruelty-free brand.
• Femme Nude Lip Stylos are free of fragrance, parabens, sulfates and other harmful ingredients.
• While most skintones could wear all six, the very darkest complexions may have trouble with the lightest shades.
I love the two colors I tested so much, I can’t wait to try the others. Trust me, you’re not going to be satisfied with just one. Or, in my case, two. Hey, Hourglass Cosmetics, my dream product would be a “crayon box” of all six!
we heartsters – do you plan on rocking a nude lip with a smoky eye this fall?
photos: we heart this, swatches shown on NC25/30 skin tone
Latest posts by turboterp
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation: Swatches Of All 12 Shades - November 10, 2019
- RevitaLash Review: Does RevitaLash work? (+ Before and After Pictures) - September 21, 2019
- Sunday Riley Auto Correct Eye Cream Review - August 14, 2019