With a wave of this wand, eye makeup magically stay put!
L’Oreal Paris has always been my go-to line for drugstore cosmetics. I love the way I can almost always find L’Oreal dupes of products featured in their parent company’s pricey department store brands (think Lancôme, Urban Decay, and YSL Beauté). Like many of their products, the new L’Oreal Magic De-Crease Eyelid Primer is a product that holds its own with high-end counterparts.
Magic Decrease Eyelid Primer ($8.95) is designed to prevent creasing on eyelids, and extend eyeshadow wear up to eight hours without fading. It’s compatible with any form of shadow – powder, cream or gloss.
The formula is thicker than some primers, and I was heavy-handed the first time I used it, which actually created creasing. However, my second attempt, with a much lighter application, did the trick. My makeup lasted all day and didn’t crease or fade at all. Even soft pencil eyeliner stayed put long after I’d expect it to fade away or migrate.
The simple tube with sponge-tip applicator is utilitarian in the best sense of the word. Besides getting the job done, the packaging gets extra points for being clear plastic. It’s so nice to be able to see how much is left in the tube.
Magic De-Crease comes in one universal color labeled “nude” that designed to work for all skintones – talk about simplicity! The medium tone may not work for everyone, but should work for many.
• One universal color takes the guesswork out of color selection
• A teeny bit goes a long way
• No creasing and less fading
• Clear tube lets us keep track of our supply
• With the quality of a high-end primer, Magic De-Crease is a bargain at just $8.99
• The texture is a little thicker than other eye primers, which might not be everyone’s cup of tea
I found the Magic De-crease Eyelid Primer by L’Oreal to be a a high-quality primer at a bargain price. If you’re in the market for a rich (rather than sheer) primer, Magic De-crease is just what you’re looking for!
we heartsters – are you using the magic of eye primers to keep your makeup smooth and bright?
Melissa loves road trips, bargain shopping, drive-in movies, lip gloss and rock ‘n’ roll. She lives in Baltimore with her precious pup Zeus.
photos: we heart this, swatches shown on NC 25/30 skintone
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. It also contains an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.
skin tone: NC20
skin type: dry to normal
favorite beauty product: skincare
Latest posts by turboterp
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation: Swatches Of All 12 Shades - November 10, 2019
- RevitaLash Review: Does RevitaLash work? (+ Before and After Pictures) - September 21, 2019
- Sunday Riley Auto Correct Eye Cream Review - August 14, 2019