This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
No time to cook? Easy & yummy dinner recipes!
I love to cook and bake, y’all! Just love it. Unfortunately, sometimes after a long day at the office, the last thing I really want to do is spend a couple of hours in the kitchen and face a whole sink full of dishes . However, as daunting as cooking may seem, there are so many great recipes out there that make cooking dinner easy and still super tasty!
Lately, one of the meals that I’m constantly craving is soup. It’s the perfect meal for the cold weather, and soups are pretty darn easy to throw together. One of my favorites lately is a potato soup that only uses a few ingredients! You can pretty much top it with whatever ingredients you have on hand. My favorites are cheese and bacon!
Baked Potato Soup
Source: Weight Watchers meetings
• 1 bag of frozen shredded hashbrowns
• 3 cans low sodium chicken (or veggie) broth
• 2 cloves of chopped garlic
• 1 packet of white gravy mix
• 1/2 cup of cold water
• salt and pepper to taste
• Sour Cream
• Chives and other herbs on hand
1. Simmer the hashbrowns in the broth with the chopped garlic until the hashbrowns are heated all the way through.
2. Mix the water with the gravy mix thoroughly in a separate cup, and then add the mixture to the soup and stir it in well. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Keep the soup simmering for another 10 minutes.
4. Pour soup into bowls. Add toppings as desired. Serve and and enjoy!
Another great recipe we use in my household does take some time in the oven, but there’s very minimum prep involved. It’s a baked chicken recipe, and you would be surprised at how amazing the flavor of the chicken is right out of the oven!
Smothered Baked Chicken
Source: My mother-in-law (thanks!)
• 2 chicken breasts (bone in), cut in half
• 1 can golden mushroom soup
• 1 packet of onion soup mix
• 1 1/2 cups water
• salt and pepper to taste
• Rice or Pasta
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts over and under the skin. In an 8×8 pan, mix the golden mushroom soup, onion soup mix and water. Place the chicken on top and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
3. Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Enjoy over rice or pasta.
Want more ideas? When I’m in the mood to try something new I to refer to these links for easy recipe ideas:
All right readers, I shared my two favorite, simple dinner solutions – now it’s your turn! What are your favorite recipe(s) to make on a busy weeknight?
- Le’Saric Caramels – homemade taste, no work for you! - April 20, 2011
- Sprinkles Cupcake Mix review - March 25, 2011
- Baked Potato Soup and Smothered Baked Chicken Recipes - March 2, 2011