This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Stay Cool On The Go And In The Office
It is the height of summer and holy smokes is it hot! Whether you are an obsessive purse packer and un-packer like me, or your bag is a bottomless pit – there are a few key pieces you’ll want to pack on a daily basis to help keep your cool when the heat is on.
If your bag could use some refreshing (or a complete dump and purge) here are 7 Office Purse Must Haves to keep you refreshed and stylish while on the go during any heat wave.
1. Blot Papers – No beauty products is as fast, easy and effective at whisking away oil and shine than blot papers. Even better, they’re inexpensive and found at any drugstore. Keep a pack in your purse to mattify your skin without disturbing your makeup.
2. Facial Spray – If it is hydration you need, make sure to keep a facial mist (we’re partial to Evian) in your office purse. A few quick spritzes can help cool you down, moisturize skin and even refresh your makeup.
Tip: Keep it in the office fridge for an extra burst of cool.
3. Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee – Speaking of the office fridge, it’s imperative to keep a cold and caffeinated, mid-day slump curing drink inside of it. I’ve been drinking a Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee in their Coffee + Milk (Low Calorie) flavor almost every afternoon during our latest heat wave for a quick pick me up. It has a touch of sweetness, and a subtle and smooth coffee flavor I enjoy – plus it helps revive me so I can face the rest of the day.
4. Crunchy Snacks – For some reason, I crave crunchy snacks during the summer months. Am I the only one? Anyway…a healthy snack will help keep your body and brain operating at peak performance when the heat of the day is dragging you down. Just don’t over do it! A handful of almonds and some apple chips are my top picks.
5. Hair Accessories – Nothing is more distracting when I am bent over the computer than hair getting in my eyes or tickling my neck. Add in a warm office and it can be maddening. Make sure to keep a few hair accessories tucked into your office purse to hold back your hair at any time.
6. Lip Stain – You always need some lip color in you bag, and during the summer months I make sure there is a lip stain or two included with my balms and glosses. A good lip stain can last through the heat and you’ll be sure to have a pop of color on your lips – which is great for counter balancing overly flushed checks.
7. Folding Fan – Seriously! A cute folding fan takes up hardly any room in a standard size purse, adds a fun bit of retro femininity to your style AND surprisingly can really come in handy during the dog days of summer. Use it to keep (and look) cool in a warm office or just catch the attention of the cute delivery guy.
we heartsters – What do you pack in your office purse to keep cool when the heat is on?
Bottled Starbucks Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.