This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
The latest anti-aging line from a Hollywood favorite.
I’ll admit it; I’m fascinated with celebrities and the perks they get. I read all the blogs. I buy all the magazines. I love learning about their pampered lives, especially the high-end beauty products. My little obsession is the reason I already knew about Ole Henriksen before I was chosen to test his celeb-worthy skincare line.
Hollywood types flock in droves to the Ole Henriksen Face/Body spa for his patented botanically based treatments (The facials are incredible and worth every penny! ~Tyna), but luckily we don’t have to be stars (or live in LA) to experience the magic.
Danish-born Ole (that’s pronounced Ooo-lah) Henriksen’s world travels and a bout with cystic acne led him to develop his uniquely soothing skincare system. As long time fans of Ole (the man, the spa and the brand), we were thrilled to test the latest collection, African Red Tea. And here’s where Ole’s herbal know-how kicks in. Did you know that African Red Tea contains 50 times more antioxidants than green tea? Neither did I, but the team at Ole Henriksen did and their award-winning African Red Tea skincare line is packed full of this exotic, powerful ingredient which “calms, soothes and strengthens the skin’s outer layer” and slows the aging process.
I was happy to receive the Express The Truth face cream ($65), a great introduction to the line that contains a combination of ingredients like antioxidants ester C and African red tea, as well as all natural macadamia nut oil, creating a cocktail designed to repair lines and wrinkles and prevent new ones from forming.
I’ve grown a little skeptical of this type of claim, but Express The Truth delivers. The first thing that hit me when I opened the jar was the glorious smell, a fresh orange that is subtle at first, but very obvious when the cream is applied. For those of you who prefer unscented products, I’m usually in your camp, but this scent is so delicious, so mood lifting, I wish I could cover myself in it from head to toe!
And Express The Truth isn’t just a pretty fragrance. The cream is rich, emollient, soothing, and concentrated – I only needed a tiny bit to coat my entire face and neck. Because it does not contain spf, I’ve been using it as a night cream and I don’t want to use anything else. Express The Truth has calmed my dry winter skin without over-moisturizing or breaking me out. In fact, it’s so unique, I am determined to treat myself to another product (or three) from Ole.
• The African Red Tea line is packed full of antioxidants and all natural ingredients, including Ester C 10% vitamin C complex, which stimulates collagen production.
• Does not contain nasty ingredients like parabens, sulfates, or synthetic dyes.
• Express the Truth is a light formula that moisturizes like a heavy cream.
• It did not irritate skin or cause breakouts.
• Smells clean, bright & crisp – like an orange grove.
• If you’re dead set on unscented products, this isn’t the line for you.
• The prices, while not outlandish, could be a liability.
The wht team tested the other items from Ole Henriksen’s African Red Tea line, and I can’t wait to see their thoughts! We’ll be looking at more anti-aging, skin freshening products, including:
• African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser ($30) – Tyna has been washing daily with this, an all-purpose cleanser that works for any skin type to clean without stripping essential oils from the skin. She claims it smells like orange infused ice tea, holds up to vigorous Clarisonic washes and and leaves her skin soft, super clean and practically glowing.
• African Red Tea See The Difference Serum ($48) – Lightweight and packed with anti-aging ingredients, this serum promises to provide a visible difference in the texture and tone of your skin. Did it visibly improve our tester’s skin? Check the comments and see.
• African Red Tea Face Mist ($28) – An anti-aging tonic designed to calm and clarify the skin, resulting in tighter pores and a healthy glow. Use it in the mornings to add extra moisture and a soft glow to skin – or use as a mid-day pick me up. This mist doesn’t disturb makeup!
• Feel the Difference Perfecting Mask ($35) – Moisturizes and firms with anti-aging botanicals that “kicks the skins renewal cycle into high gear” delivering big results in only 10 minutes. During that time, natural ingredients work to depuff (caffeine) and firm (algae extract) skin while fighting free-radical damage (pomegranate extract) and providing a lasting, cooling sensation to the skin.
All in all, I can see why Ole has all the celebs saying “oh, la, la!” we heartsters and testers – did the African Red Tea line have you chiming in?
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. It also contains an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.