Attention all Thanksgiving hostesses! Here’s the thing with hosting Thanksgiving: while the food is top priority, no hustle and bustle should stop you from having an easy, stylish outfit to take you straight into dinnertime. So whether you’re taking the lead on Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, or just a small get together – all eyes are on you and you deserve the spotlight!
Here is some outfit inspiration for a holiday friendly look that is fashionably put together without a lot of effort (because we all love that, don’t we?).
1. Tiered Apron from Target (Currently $12.79 on sale). Guests may arrive early and still see you running around like a chicken (or turkey?) with its head cut off. Despite all that, this cute apron will save the day. It works all year round but the autumnal colorway is especially perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking time. Best of all, it’s so inexpensive who wouldn’t want to have this on in their kitchen?!
2. Dolman Sweater at Piperlime ($59) – Wine may be lovely, but it’s also a perfect color choice for right now. This sweater has dolman sleeves, so it’s not constricting on mobility. It also drapes really beautifully and the v-neck and back is a fun look. Plus it’s majority cotton, so it’s breathable – not overly hot and wooly.
3. Hair Pins from ban.do ($10 – $25) – If you have not heard of ban.do and you love hair accessories, consider your mind blown. These lovely hair pins adorn your ‘do making messy buns and pinned back bangs like they came straight off of a Pinterest page.
4. Layered Necklace from Baublebar ($44) – Is it possible to wear a statement necklace without making a huge statement? The answer is yes! This Baublebar piece is classy and simple, with the perfect amount of bling. You don’t need much more jewelry if you have this piece on. Throw it on top of a basic sweater and you’re just the right amount of “done up”.
5. Sam Edelman Petty Bootie at Piperlime ($130) – If you are looking for a good looking minimalistic yet comfortable bootie, look no further. I have a pair and I think these are worth the splurge. They are extremely popular and sometimes sell out and go on backorder, but once you get a pair you’ll be in love. The slight heel gives a bit of lift so they veer away from being too casual. Perfect for high heel haters and lovers alike.
6. – Rockstar Mid-Rise Coated Jeans from Old Navy (currently on sale for $35) – Here’s my secret to a polished, stylish look without breaking the bank: coated jeans. They look like leather (read: fancier) but fit and wear like a jean. Dare I say JEAN-ius? I love this look paired with the aforementioned sweater or even a chambray or button down. A pair of these go a long way, taking outfits up a notch!
To all my fellow hostesses about to brave the kitchen, what will you be rocking for Thanksgiving? I hope this post brings a bit of inspiration!
skin tone: NC30
skin type: oily to normal
favorite beauty product: nail polish and lipstick
Latest posts by mandabear
- Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick Swatches and Review - April 29, 2015
- L’Oreal Glossy Balms Swatches And Review - January 14, 2015
- bareMinerals Afternoon Delight & I Love The Nightlife Holiday Sets - December 12, 2014