Get in on this trend with tons of new options for any style
The moto jacket has come a long way, hasn’t it? While actual motorcycle chicks are definitely cool, you don’t need to be one, or ride a Harley, to rock the moto. Shaping up to be the jacket of the season, moto jackets can be seen all over fashion and street style blogs, on celebrities, and in the magazines.
The classic motorcycle jacket is surprisingly versatile. They are fun to throw over a super feminine dress, or to add a bit of pizazz to a simple outfit. Plus the collar and fit is flattering for most everyone. Looking to add one to your closet? Here are our top six moto jacket styles (there’s one for everyone!) that you can buy right now and wear all season long.
1. Denim – Rather than your typical denim jacket, a moto styled one gives a different structure to the jacket, totally transforming the look. This dark denim option from The Gap ($72) is perfect for pairing with your fall color palette.
2. Cotton – So you love the look of the moto jacket, but you are in the market for something a bit lighter. A cotton moto jacket has all the right details but is made with that soft material we all love in our favorite hoodies and sweatshirts. Mod Cloth has the right idea with this Indie Rock Star jacket ($80) complete with zipper detailing!
3. Leather/Faux Leather – The quintessential moto jacket! This comes to mind when I picture a black leather moto jacket of today. It’s slightly tailored to the body and incredibly flattering. There are lots of leather and vegan leather options at a huge range of price points. You can’t go wrong with this Basic Moto Jacket from Zara ($80).
4. Tweed – Wait a minute – tweed and moto? Yup! Rock this Tweed Moto Jacket ($80) from Tinley Road via Piper Lime from daytime 9-5 to after work cocktails. The contrast is trendy and stylish but will go with lots of basics.
5. Shearling – When it gets a bit cooler, you don’t want to let that knock some style points off your outfits. Shearling (or faux shearling) paired with a moto jacket gives your chilly weather outfit some edge. I can always rely on Topshop to deliver the latest trends, like this Black Borg Biker Jacket ($130), even during winter when I feel a bit confused on what to wear.
6. Vintage – Sometimes it just feels good to go back to the basics. A Vintage Moto Jacket ($120) has the perfect slouch, finely aged leather and a guaranteed bad a** look. Thank goodness for Etsy and their vintage selection!
we heartsters – What’s your favorite type of jacket to rock this fall?
Amanda is a beauty & fashion lover who hopes to own a Shiba Inu one day. She spends most of her time frolicking in NYC, chowing down, perusing blogs and updating her own; mandabear. She’s also getting seriously involved with her iPhone.
skin tone: NC30
skin type: oily to normal
favorite beauty product: nail polish and lipstick
Latest posts by mandabear
- Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick Swatches and Review - April 29, 2015
- L’Oreal Glossy Balms Swatches And Review - January 14, 2015
- bareMinerals Afternoon Delight & I Love The Nightlife Holiday Sets - December 12, 2014