This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Since the moment Stef and I first set foot in an Intimacy boutique during the annual South Coast Plaza Blogger Event; we have been obsessed with (finally) getting properly fitted for a bra. This lost art is making a big comeback, thanks in part to Susan Nethero and her one of a kind bra boutique. This European influenced, but all American store is busting out (heh) all over the country; helping woman, one bra at a time, to look and feel better everyday.
Stef and I were both lucky enough to get fitted at the Los Angeles location of Intimacy, and we both agree that finding that perfect bra has made a world of difference for us. We both walked out of the store not only with a gorgeous bra but also with more confidence, a strut in our walk, a smile on our face and oh yea, a killer rack.
If you’re thinking of visiting an Intimacy store for your own fitting, make sure to read Stef’s detailed story on her personalized bra fitting for a sneak peek at the process. If however, you’re still on the fence about your need to experience a fitting, I give you my Top Ten Reasons to Schedule an Intimacy Appointment Today:
1. You are probably wearing the wrong size bra right now. Did you know that 85% of women wear an ill-fitted bra? It’s true. I always assumed I was wearing pretty much the right size; and just had to live with droopy bra straps, a band that rode up the back or emphasized back fat – but I don’t! And neither do you, if a bra fits properly, the straps and bands stay in place and work with your body to flatter the area, not highlight the flaws.
2. The Intimacy dressing rooms and staff are fit for a queen. Since most of the action of this boutique takes place in the dressing rooms, Intimacy made sure to create ones that are a place you want to be. The rooms are large and comfy with plenty of room for staff and friends, with lots of hooks and spots to store your belongings. Plus, comfy seating for giving feet a rest and most importantly, bright and flattering lights and large, quality mirrors.
3. Speaking of queens, Susan, or The Bra Whisperer, as she’s been called, has worked with some of our most beloved television royalty; including Oprah, Rachael Ray, Tyra and Carson:
4. If you’re unable to see Susan herself (she’s constantly traveling the country working with customers at all of her locations) you can be sure you will find yourself in very capable hands. The staff I encountered over three visits in two locations were some of the most knowledgeable, helpful and personable I’ve ever encountered.
5. You get an instant confidence boost! How can looking as if you instantly dropped 10 lbs not make you stand a little straighter and bring a smile to your face?
7. You’re stuck in a rut of black, white or beige bras. My first trip to Intimacy resulted in the first truly beautifully hued bra I’ve ever owned. When Susan noticed how much I was drawn to a stunning raspberry hued Marie Jo bra (shown in the top pic), I shamefully admitted that I didn’t own any colorful bras – just the basics. She said she hears that all the time and believes it’s because women tend to be such practical shoppers. But the great thing about a bra is it can be any color at all – (even an improbable pink or purple that isn’t a part of your wardrobe) and no one needs to be the wiser.
8. Once you have the perfect fit and a couple of styles and hues that you love and that love you back, the staff at Intimacy can keep your information on file. It’s so helpful to have a record – after trying on dozens of bras; it can get a little confusing. Plus your fitting information can be accessed at any Intimacy store across the nation. (If you are wary of sharing information, no worries. This is a courtesy service for clients and easily declined).
9. I started with just one bra that really made me feel great and I can hardly wait to start completing my on file shopping list! Did you know that bras, much like shoes, should not be worn two days in a row? Switch out your bra every day to give them time to “breathe” and to avoid stretching and excess wear. Ideally every woman should have 3 or 4 fantastic bras in her drawer (then continue to build that inventory up to 7 to 10). A good bra should last for a couple of years and they can be altered. That’s right, any bra purchased at Intimacy can be brought back for free lifetime alterations.
10. Trust me, you’ll have a number of pretty little items on your list to complete your wardrobe of bras, because this store is total eye candy – filled with stunning, mostly European, high quality lingerie. I’ve always been fairly indifferent in my bra shopping – find a sort of comfy, sort of fitting bra and get out. At Intimacy, I had hook after hook in my dressing room of lovely bras, each fitting better and looking prettier than the last. For once in my life, I wanted to stay in a Dressing Room and try on more.
we heartsters – if you experienced the wonder of an Intimacy Bra Fitting, please share. If you have yet to check it out, what are your main bra woes?
One more reason especially for our PA peeps. The latest Intimacy has just opened its doors in one of our very favorite shopping destinations – King of Prussia. Click here to book an appointment at any location.
Click here to find an Intimacy near you!
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.