This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Want to get that silky feeling and suave finish that only comes from a silicone based foundation?
It’s the same kind of feeling you get when your favorite lotion glides on your skin. Heavenly, right?
Well, you’re in luck. In this article, I listed my top 10 picks for the best silicone based foundations in 2022.
Why Choose a Silicone Based Foundation?
Are you serious about turning up a notch in your makeup game?
Then you might want to consider a silicone based foundation.
Hear me out.
Silicone is a very common component in many makeup products. However, most of the time, you won’t see it listed as an ingredient.
But you know it’s there. How?
What is Silicone Foundation?
Because silicone can give you that smooth feeling. It also provides a suave finish on your skin. Not to mention, silicone has water-proof qualities. So it’s definitely noticeable.
Silicone is present in many hair care and cosmetic products. From shampoos to serums.
And there are many names for the ingredient. You may see it on labels as methicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, dimethiconol, and cyclomethicone. Notice how the base is always methicone.
But you’re probably wondering why silicone?
What makes this cosmetic ingredient a crucial part of skincare?
Benefits of a silicone-based foundation.
1. First, this ingredient extends the period that your cosmetic product can be worn.
If you noticed, silicone is present in many leave-on products. Whether it’s lotion or hair conditioner. That’s because it helps the product last longer post-application.
2. Second, silicone provides a smoothening effect, which is perfect when you need to correct skin tone and texture.
For instance, dimethicone is a common ingredient in foundations and primers. It fills in the fine lines to even out the complexion.
3. Lastly, silicone acts as a protective layer from harmful external elements. It also locks in moisture so your skin won’t dry out.
Tips When Choosing Silicone Based Foundations
Always, always make sure you only buy foundations with FDA-approved ingredients. While silicone is generally safe as an ingredient, it may cause irritation to some people. Silicone may trigger allergic reactions, breakouts, or dryness in people with sensitive skin.
To reduce the risk of skin irritation or inflammation, it’s best to clean off any cosmetics before bedtime. By wiping off the residue, you allow your skin to breathe. This should be a crucial part of your skincare regimen.
“Should I Use Water Based or Silicone Based Foundation?”
If you have tried
, then I say try a silicone-based foundation. For a change. See if it suits you.
There are silicone-based foundations that are great for oily skin. They look good yet feel light on your face. Contrary to misconception, these won’t make you feel or look greasy.
Rather, they can control the shine while reducing the appearance of your pores.
Check out these two picks. These have top-notch SPF protection, giving your skin a protective cover from the sun. In addition, they also provide a wonderful base for your makeup.
The Best Silicone Foundations
Ready for our top silicone foundation picks? Read below for our silicone based foundation list.
1. MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15
- NC35 - Light Medium Peach Golden
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation NC35 SPF 15 is a modern foundation with a natural matte finish and broad spectrum protection.
Looking for a high-end silicone based foundation?
Get your fix with the MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15.
Here’s what you can expect from this product.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 is ideal for oily skin. It gives you full coverage, blending perfectly on your skin. It’s also long-wearing, so you can trust it to stay put all day long.
What makes this product work great is its silicone ingredient. It helps reduce the appearance of pores, so you get smoother-looking skin.
And with its SPF 15 protection, MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 provides cover from harmful UV rays. It’s a great way to minimize sun damage on your skin.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 has a wonderful selection of shades to choose from. So you’re sure to find one that perfectly matches your skin.
If you’re looking for a silicone based foundation that gives full coverage, try MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15. It looks natural and feels great on your skin. I highly recommend it.
2. Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15
- Product Type:Skin Foundation Concealer
- Item Package Dimension:3.7 cm L X8.7 cm W X13.3 cm H X
- Item Package Weight:0.146 kg
Here’s a lightweight foundation that also provides SPF 15 protection.
Check out Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15.
What I love about this product is that it leaves your skin looking fresh while giving full coverage.
Noteworthy is the texture it brings. And it’s also easy to apply. You can blend it on your skin quite easily. And when it sets, it settles to a breathable matte finish.
Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15 comes in 42 shades. So it’s quite possible for everyone to find a shade that perfectly matches.
For a silicone based foundation that feels like it’s not there, check out Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15.
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
- Long-wearing makeup with 15-hour staying power. Looks flawless and natural. Lasts through heat, humidity, non-stop activity.
- Won't change color, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable.
- For a look that lasts all day, without touchups.
With its 15-hour staying power, this product looks natural and flawless on your skin.
Introducing Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup.
Here are the things I love about this silicone based foundation.
You can trust this silicone foundation to last you through heat and humidity. Notwithstanding any nonstop activity, it won’t change color. And it won’t come off or smudge on your clothes.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup feels comfortable. It’s also breathable. And it lasts all day without requiring touchups from time to time.
Did you know this has 28 different shades?
If you’re prone to breakouts or have sensitive skin, this one’s perfect. Its blend doesn’t contain oils or fragrances that can trigger irritations.
Check out Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup.
Best Silicone Based Drugstore Foundation
4. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation Makeup
- MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE FOUNDATION: For a natural looking medium coverage liquid foundation makeup, look no further. In 40 shades, you'll find a fit for every skin tone. Best for normal to oily skin; refines pores for a natural looking matte finish.
- A SHADE THAT FITS ME: Maybelline Fit Me liquid foundation provides coverage for a wide array of skin tones, from Ivory to Mocha. Use as a full face foundation with buildable coverage for a flawless, natural-looking, "I woke up like this" finish.
- MAYBELLINE FIT ME FOR A FLAWLESS FACE: With Matte + Poreless foundation or Dewy+ Smooth foundation with SPF 18, concealer, finishing powder, bronzer & blush, Maybelline New York Fit Me collection has everything you need to put your best face forward.
Need a natural-looking liquid foundation?
Look no further.
Check out Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation Makeup.
With 40 different shades to choose from, this medium-coverage silicone-based foundation works on oily skin. Its special formulation is also ideal for covering your skin’s imperfections.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation Makeup leaves a muted, refined finish. So it’s ideal for balancing the shiniest complexion. It’s also great at giving you a poreless appearance.
This product also features an SPF 18 protection. You can also use it as a concealer, bronzer, and finishing powder. Everything that you need is in this tiny package.
If you want to get that “woke up like this” look, you can’t go wrong with this product.
Get a flawless, natural look with Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation Makeup.
5. Maybelline New York Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation
- Dewy and smooth foundation makeup with spf 18
- Hydrating foundation smoothes skin's texture
- Leaves a naturally luminous finish
Struggling to find the perfect foundation for dry skin?
Try Maybelline New York Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation.
Just when you thought Maybelline was just creating foundations for oily skin. Then this one arrived.
Maybelline New York Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation is highly personalized for people with dry skin. This dewy and smooth foundation hydrates and nourishes the skin, giving it a silky and luminous finish.
Plus, it also provides an SPF 18 protection. So you’re good against the harmful UV rays.
Maybelline New York Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation is dermatologist-tested and allergy-tested. It’s also non-comedogenic and fragrance-free.
For a moisturizing foundation with silicone, check out Maybelline New York Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation.
6. Temptu S/B Silicone Foundation
- PRO AIRBRUSH FOUNDATION: Light formula provides a dewy, natural looking finish to give skin a healthy glow
- CUSTOMIZABLE COLORS: Choose from 12 different buildable shades that can be blended for custom looks
- VERSATILE: This makeup can be applied by airbrush, fingertips, brush or sponge for a natural look
Want a long-lasting dewy finish that blends smoothly on your skin?
Get seamless coverage from Temptu S/B Silicone Foundation.
It’s one of the best foundations with silicone for oily skin. It’s also ideal for warm weather and waterproof. And because it makes your skin shine, it gives a smooth texture.
Temptu S/B Silicone Foundation has a silicone base. So you can trust that it won’t run down your face due to heat or humidity. It’s also elastic so it holds more moisture to prevent your skin from drying.
Here’s a little downside though. Temptu S/B Silicone Foundation gives off a distinct smell; that is before its application. But this is lost after you apply the product. So there’s no need to worry about the fragrance.
At a very affordable price, Temptu S/B Silicone Foundation lasts up to three to four months. Even if you use it every day.
And despite its staying power, Temptu S/B Silicone Foundation won’t stain or grease your shirt. You’ll love this.
7. Clinique Stay Matte Oil-Free Makeup
- An oil-free makeup that helps you stay matte all day
- This patent-pending formula absorbs shine, controls oil, and resists sweat
- Gives a fresh, matte, satin and natural looking finish throughout the day
Check out this oil-free silicone based foundation that stays matte-looking all day.
Have you tried using Clinique Stay Matte Oil-Free Makeup?
This unique blend gives you a fresh, matte finish throughout the day. It’s also natural-looking and absorbs shine effectively. That’s because it has awesome oil control as well as sweat-resistant qualities.
Clinique Stay Matte Oil-Free Makeup features 20 different shades. And with its affordable price tag, it’s value for your money.
You’ll love its texture and finish as it blends easily on your skin. And with its easy application, you get full coverage half the time.
And did I mention it’s lightweight? So it feels weightless on your skin.
If you’re looking for an oil-free silicone based makeup, I highly recommend this one. Give Clinique Stay Matte Oil-Free Makeup a try.
8. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation
- An oil free, longwearing, natural matte foundation that creates a velvety-smooth complexion for up to 24 hours
- Available in 45 medium to full coverage, buildable shades
- It is recommended for daily use
You can make your skin flaws into flawless skin.
Get the coverage you need with Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation.
It’s oil-free and gives a natural matte finish that lasts throughout the day. You get full coverage from any of its 45 buildable shades.
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation has a unique formulation that makes your skin look smooth all day. With 45 different shades available, you’ll be sure to find one that suits you.
It’s also lightweight and breathable. So good that you won’t need a primer. Perfect when you don’t like to go through many steps to look good.
The downside, however, is that it’s a bit pricey. But you bet it’s worth its price.
If you want a velvety, matte finish, you’ll love Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation. It’s not too shiny, not too flat. Just perfect.
9. Max Factor Long Lasting Performance Foundation
- Lasting performance long lasting foundation # 105 soft beige was launched by the design house of Max Factor
- It is recommended for daily use Please store in a cool dry place
- Please store in a cool dry place
Here’s a long-lasting silicone based foundation that’s right for daily use.
Check out Max Factor Long Lasting Performance Foundation.
When you check it online, you’ll see it’s one of the best-selling products today. And here are a couple of reasons why it is among if not, the best silicone based foundation out there.
First, it’s not expensive. Yet it has more to offer. In fact, it delivers more quality than the expensive, high-end variety. Sometimes, double or triple the value of your money.
Second, let’s talk application. Your skin will really feel silky and smooth. And the color, it’s really beautiful. It gives your skin a wonderful glow. It also fills wrinkles and fine lines brilliantly.
Third, it’s lightweight. So it doesn’t give a heavy look despite the full coverage it brings. And because it’s lightweight, it’s also breathable. It gives enough room for your skin to breathe.
Max Factor Long Lasting Performance Foundation brings a natural look. It blends quite well with your skin color. As a result, it’s not too oily or doesn’t stand out in a weird way.
Clearly, Max Factor Long Lasting Performance Foundation is one of my top favorites. And I highly recommend it to everyone.
10. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
- L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation: Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours, hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion
- Air-Light Matte-Finish Foundation Makeup: For a matte finish that won't fall flat, apply with fingers, makeup sponge, or foundation brush, starting at the center of the face and blending toward the jaw and hairline
- The Foundation Of Your Look: From natural to full coverage, L'Oréal Paris face makeup has what you need for a smooth, even finish; Highlight to illuminate, use concealer to hide imperfections or use contouring makeup for enhanced, defined features
Here’s the last one on this list. It’s creamy and lightweight. And it delivers a semi-matte finish that lasts you the entire 24 hours. It’s perfect when you need to hide blemishes and imperfections too.
Introducing L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation.
Wondering what to expect from this silicone based foundation?
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation is air-light. So it doesn’t look heavy on your face. Plus, it lets your skin breathe, giving you a healthy glow in the process.
This wonderful foundation looks natural. It won’t fall flat as it blends just right. So expect a smooth, even finish that defines and enhances your features.
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation is also oil-free. And it’s transfer-resistant. So it won’t smear or smudge. Even if it’s hot or humid. Or even if you wear your face mask.
Did I mention it’s buildable?
You can blend your unique formulation and sheer it out for a natural look. Perfect for everyday use. Or for any occasion, I might add.
For its long-lasting, staying power, give this a try. I highly recommend L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation.
Have you tried silicone-based foundation? Which is your favorite?
You May Also Like These Foundation Reviews: