How To: Give your old t-shirts a second life. Sorry dust rag pile!
I love using simple materials to make something fun and innovative. The supplies for this bracelet DIY are really basic, so there’s a REALLY good chance you own all of them already. I mean, who doesn’t have a stack of soft old T’s you can’t wear outside of the house, but love to much to toss in the rag pile?
As with most of my DIY’s for wht, this is very customizable. You can easily work with your favorite color combos or add other textures for variety. Plus you can even make multiple bracelets to give to friends or just to match every one of your favorite outfits!
• T-shirt scraps
• 2 keychain rings
• Needles and thread
• Glue gun
1. Cut 3 strips of t-shirt fabric. One inch is a good width to work with. Length wise, they should be the length of your wrist PLUS 3 inches or so. It’s better to make them too long than too short! Gently tug at the strips so that the edges curl up neatly.
2. Stack the ends of the 3 strips on top of one another, and stitch a few times to secure them together.
3. Braid away.
4. Stitch the other end – just like you did in Step 2.
5. Connect the key rings.
6. Insert one end through one key ring. Fold over and secure with hot glue.
7. Repeat on the other side with the other key ring, and you’re done!
• Add a strand of metallic thread into the braid
• Add charms to the keyrings or actual strips of fabric
• Use the colors of your school or favorite sports team, or coordinate it with your latest spring outfit
we heartsters – do you have an favorite T just waiting to be turned into a new bracelet? Join us in the comments and tell us all about it!
Latest posts by kirsten-nunez
- DIY Statement Ring - October 12, 2016
- Easy DIY Projects: Thread-Wrapped Sunglasses Holder - September 6, 2016
- Easy DIY Projects: Safety Pin and Pearl Necklace - August 16, 2016