This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
That and more in The Lipstick League, week of 1.25.16
Question of the Week: If you live in area that is currently experiencing cold weather, what are some of your favorite products to help keep your skin soft and moisturized in the face of low temperatures?
Answer: I’d describe myself as normal to oily for the majority of the year. But it’s cold even in the CA desert this winter, so my skin is somehow oily AND dry. (Look at me having it all!) These are the products that regulate like a skincare Warren G.
• 3 Lab M Cream ($280) – This is the big guns, with a big price tag to match. Buy nothing stops a dry skin freak out right in its tracks like it. It’s major moisture that doesn’t make me break out.
• Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream ($45) – I can’t say enough good things about this line. I use this cream (which is really more like a balm) in the winter and the liquid the rest of the year. The cream absorbs quickly, instantly soothes my dry patches and keeps my skin calm all day.
• Aveda Hand Relief Night Renewal Serum ($35) – You know those products that once you try them, you vow to never be without them again? This is one of them. NOTHING moisturizes your hands like it!
• Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy ($36) – Banishes dry, cracked lips and smooths/plumps the lines around them. Totally changed my lips for the better.
• Jao Bomade Coiffette ($32) – This lil’ wonder (Pennsylvania made!) steps in to moisturize anything I’ve missed, like cuticles or dry hair ends. It’s 100% natural with 17 essential oils and smells like a woodsy dream.
• Ciate Nail Tonic Hydrator ($17) – Yep, even my nails are dry! I take a break from polish a couple of times a month and use this for 5 days straight to make them less brittle.
Here’s the best of last week’s Lipstick League…
My Beauty Bunny – Say “au revoir” to winter and let’s talk spring! We’ve got a look at the latest pretties from NARS for Spring 2016, the L’Amour, Toujours L’Amour Eyeshadow Palette and the #NARSissist Cheek Studio Palette.
My Newest Addiction – Beauty collections have been released left and right lately because of the upcoming Spring season and Laura shares with us NARS Spring 2016!
Nouveau Cheap – “Empties” posts are a longstanding tradition in the beauty community, and this month I finally posted my own because, for once in my life, I finished several products all at the same time!
Olive & Ivy – Have you checked out this sneak peek of the soon to be released MAC Flamingo Park Collection yet? I’m in LOVE with all the pretty pinks!
Phyrra – brings you the Best Cruelty Free Hair Dyes!
Prime Beauty – is getting her glow on with the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Blush Palette. This collaboration is stunning!
we heart this – Love roses but NOT on Valentine’s Day when they’re expected and expensive? Then check out our list of 4 Rose-Scented Valentine’s Gift Ideas that are NOT an overpriced bouquet.
Blushing Noir – Your sugar! Yes, pleaseeeee! See why Brooke is loving the new COVERGIRL Oh Sugar! Lip Balms!
Clumps of Mascara – A Transitional nail polish collection? What in the WORLD does that mean? I can show you better than I can tell you.
Gouldylox – I don’t know about you, but I feel like I need to get back to basics to clear my head of all of Kardashian inspired trends that fill my feeds. Here’s where I’m finding inspiration right now.
(Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)
My Beauty Bunny is Currently Craving: gorgeous new blushes! My skin has lacked a bit of color and glow lately, so I’m craving the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette.
we heartsters – what are your favorite products to help keep your skin moisturized in the face of low temperatures?