This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Looking for an oil based foundation that’s right for you?
When choosing one, you want to get an option that suits your skin.
Firstly, it needs to look as natural as possible. So you need to pay attention to what your skin needs. Conversely, you want to check how your skin responds to the product. You also need to see what benefits your chosen foundation provides.
Secondly, will it cause irritation? Some products may trigger allergic reactions. So it’s best to see which ones are OK for you to use.
Lastly, different products provide different finishes. It’s also worth mentioning how you apply the product can contribute to its finish. Apply it wrongly and you may end up looking like a mess.
As you know, there are different types of foundations available on the market today.
But in this article, we’ll focus on the best oil based foundations today.
So if you’re in the market for an oil based foundation, this post is for you.
Do You Know Which Oil Based Foundation You Need?
Let’s take a look at the different oil based foundations and see which one is right for your skin.
1. Alexandra De Markoff For Women Countess Isserlyn Liquid Makeup
- Product Type:Beauty
- Item Package Dimension:1.0 " L X2.0 " W X4.0 " H
- Item Package Weight:0.31 Lbs
Do you have dry skin?
Then you’ll love this oil based foundation.
I came across this when a friend of mine shared it with me. And I loved it.
Check out Alexandra De Markoff For Women Countess Isserlyn Liquid Makeup.
I didn’t know this brand has been around for quite some time. But I wasn’t surprised that not many people know about it. Well, I didn’t know about it until I came across it.
To sum it up, I love how this product lasts all day. Even when it’s hot or humid. So you can trust this oil based foundation to provide good coverage.
It’s worth noting that this foundation is OK for different skin types. And it’s also gentle for people who are prone to rosacea.
So if you have dry skin, then this is a must-try. You’ll love Alexandra De Markoff For Women Countess Isserlyn Liquid Makeup.
2. Organic Bio Glow Liquid Foundation for Face Makeup for a Dewy, Flawless Complexion
- RADIATE YOUTHFUL HEALTHY GLOW Achieve flawless skin. This medium-to-full coverage foundation melts onto your skin and blends seamlessly for a natural dewy glow. Its...
- INDULGE IN ORGANIC BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS This natural skincare-infused liquid foundation is developed with organic ingredients, such as Squalene, Vitamin E, Rosemary Leaf...
- ACHIEVE NATURAL SKIN PERFECTION Find your perfect foundation match from our collection of 12 shades that flatters all skin undertones. Conceal imperfections effortlessly...
Here’s a wonderful oil based foundation that radiates a healthy, youthful glow on your skin.
It’s called Organic Bio Glow Liquid Foundation for Face Makeup for a Dewy, Flawless Complexion.
Wondering what to expect from this product?
Organic Bio Glow Liquid Foundation can help you achieve flawless skin by providing medium to full coverage. It glides on your skin, blending seamlessly to give you a dewy, flawless complexion.
And it’s lightweight and breathable. This product is also waterproof and sweat-proof. So you don’t have to worry about hot, humid, or rainy days.
This oil based foundation primer doesn’t require frequent touchups. It stays in place all day long.
Want botanicals in your foundation?
You got it with Organic Bio Glow Liquid Foundation. It is rich in organic ingredients like vitamin E, rosemary leaf extract, squalene, and shea butter.
And did you know Organic Bio Glow Liquid Foundation is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic?
With no irritating or pore-congesting substances, you’re sure that it’s safe on your skin. Even sensitive skin.
Achieving natural skin perfection is easy with Organic Bio Glow Liquid Foundation.
3. Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation with SPF 20
- PHYSICIAN'S FORMULA HEALTHY FOUNDATION: This long-wearing, breathable foundation provides lightweight, buildable coverage with a satin finish. Use alone or with our...
- HYDRATE & IMPROVE: Infused with Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamins A, C & E antioxidant blend & Protective SPF 20. Apply with a blender sponge or foundation brush & finish with...
- BEST FACE FORWARD: With primers, highlighters, bronzers, & mineral powders, we have a full line of makeup to help you build a foundation for any look, all made without...
Worried that your foundation will clog your pores and trigger breakouts?
Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation with SPF 20 is one of the best oil based drugstore foundations.
This product contains sunflower seed oil and kernel oil. As you know, sunflower seed oil is rich in vitamin E, which is effective at fighting inflammation.
In addition, The Healthy Foundation contains hyaluronic acid and vitamins A and C. It features SPF 20 protection.
This breathable foundation delivers a satin finish that can last an entire day. It’s also lightweight and buildable but without irritants.
The Healthy Foundation with SPF 20 is great for skin hydration. And with its powerful antioxidants, it can reduce the redness and irritation on your skin.
4. It Cosmetics – Bye Bye Lines Foundation
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Lines Foundation 1.0 fl. oz.Light
Looking for a skin-loving foundation?
You’ll love It Cosmetics – Bye Bye Lines Foundation.
It’s one of the best oil based foundations.
Wondering what are its ingredients?
Rich in vitamin E and fatty acids, argan oil helps preserve the elasticity of your skin. It can also reduce your wrinkles and fine lines.
You also get sunflower seed oil, which decreases inflammation. It can also replenish your skin’s natural protection from harsh environmental elements.
To moisturize your skin, you also get avocado oil. It’s great at dealing with dry aging skin. And to boost the production of collagen, this oil based foundation also has Punica granatum seed oil.
Bye Bye Lines Foundation also contains anti-aging components like hyaluronic acid, CoQ10, and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
If you’re dealing with imperfections on aging skin, this is worth a try.
5. Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation with SPF 30
- Delivers a flawless complexion^Gives you 12 hours of consistent wear^Delivers all day hydration
Did you know this is one of the best-selling foundations today?
Enjoy a natural, flawless finish with Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation with SPF 30.
Here’s what you can expect from this product.
It’s not just a full-coverage foundation makeup. This product has SPF 30 protection with all-day hydration. Plus, it’s allergy-tested, non-comedogenic, and fragrance-free.
This full-coverage cream foundation is also ideal for sensitive skin. It’s specially designed for those that are prone to acne breakouts too.
The secret lies in its main oil ingredients. Mineral oil helps nourish and moisturize your skin. Kaolin, on the other hand, effectively removes dead skin cells.
You’d be happy to know this oil based makeup primer doesn’t contain harsh chemicals. No phthalates, triclosan, parabens, or sulfates.
Give it a try. Check out Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation with SPF 30.
6. Kosas Tinted Face Oil
- ACTIVE SKINCARE: A clean, light-coverage skin tint and nourishing skin elixir with a velvety finish that still looks like your skin — just way more even, healthy and...
- REPARATIVE: The perfect ratio of mineral pigment is delivered in 6 active botanical oils to instantly even skin tone and minimize pores.
- BALANCED: Everything inside this product does something great for your skin. The breathable, silky-clean formula features 15 skin-nourishing ingredients that moisturize,...
Do you need a nourishing foundation?
You’re in luck. Here’s a wonderful addition to your active skincare regimen.
Introducing Kosas Tinted Face Oil.
It’s a light-coverage tint that delivers a velvety finish, giving you a natural look on your skin. This product repairs imperfections, creating an even skin tone while minimizing the pores.
With 15 skin-nourishing ingredients, Kosas Tinted Face Oil soothes and moisturizes. It does wonderful things to your skin.
On top of being lightweight, its formula is breathable. So you don’t have to worry about clogging your pores. It just feels super comfy.
Did I mention Kosas Tinted Face Oil is also free of gluten, talc, parabens, phthalates, and parabens?
It’s a clean and nourishing elixir that delivers all the things your need to get healthy, glowing skin. No wonder this product is a favorite among makeup professionals and minimalists alike.
7. Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid
- Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid from Josie Maran is an unparalleled skin-care foundation formulated with argan oil.
- This medium-to-full coverage foundation is designed with delicate fluidity for a vibrant, smooth, supple, baby-skin finish that is alive with energy and color.
- Using a revolutionary cold-pressed process to preserve the hand-selected ingredients, Vibrancy feeds and energizes your skin with the essential nutrients it craves.
Experience unparalleled skincare from a unique oil-based formulation.
Check out Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid.
Rich in argan oil, this oil based foundation is ideal for keeping your skin smooth and supple. With medium to full coverage, this product is simply alive with its color and energy.
Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid provides all the nutrients it needs to keep your skin energized and vibrant.
In addition to argan oil, this product contains vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants.
And if you’re prone to acne, you’ll appreciate its anti-sebum components. It’s the perfect formula for oily or acne-prone skin.
Best Drugstore Oil Based Concealer
8. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector
- 1-fluid ounce tube of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector All-in-One Tinted Facial Moisturizer with SPF 20 to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and...
- Offering blendable sheer coverage, the moisturizing tint helps even skin tone and smooths skin's texture
- Formulated with clinically proven retinol as well as antioxidants and vitamins, it helps make skin appear younger-looking and healthier with a natural dewy finish
Need a moisturizer for day-to-day on-the-go?
Then you’ll love Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector.
It’s a tinted facial moisturizer that contains clinically proven retinol. This anti-aging formula also has vitamins and antioxidants that help make your skin look youthful.
With its blendable sheer coverage, you get even skin tone and texture. And it also has broad-spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen protection. It works across skin tones.
When you need an anti-aging moisturizer, check out Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector. It’s great for daily use to help nourish and smoothen your skin.
9. e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation
- RESTORE & ILLUMINATE: e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation is a lightweight liquid foundation that naturally blends into skin (and hydrates while you’re at it) to help...
- ALL-DAY WEAR: This highly blendable and buildable formula goes on smooth as silk, providing medium-to-full coverage and weightless all-day wear. Added perks: it’s...
- SEMI-MATTE FINISH: This oil-free foundation blends into skin for a beautiful semi-matte satin finish that lasts all day long and is perfect for all skin-types.
Want to restore the youthful glow of your skin?
Rejuvenate and illuminate with e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation.
This lightweight foundation naturally blends into your skin. It helps improve skin tone while creating an even texture. With its blendable and buildable formula, you can wear it all day.
What I love about e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation is that it delivers a semi-matter finish. Perfect when you want to look fresh on hot or humid days.
Plus, it features skin-loving ingredients that aren’t harsh. It’s also vegan-friendly and cruelty-free.
Why Choose Oil Based Foundation?
If you haven’t caught up to the trend, it’s the next big thing. Why? Because the oil in the foundation offers many benefits.
These products are rich in nutrients and hydrating ingredients. They are perfect for all skin types. Even the sensitive and acne-prone. And the benefits are not just for the skin. It also helps promote healthy lips, brows, and lashes.
An oil based foundation has a thicker consistency. It may also take longer to penetrate your skin. But it stays in place for a longer period compared to a water-based foundation.
If you have dry skin, try using one with oil. Not only will it provide that youthful glow, an oil based foundation prevents your skin from looking dull.
Is Water-Based or Oil Based Foundation Better for Dry Skin?
Wondering how you tell the difference between the two types of foundation.
Simply check on the ingredients.
If you see that the first or prominent ingredient is oil, then it’s an oil based foundation. These oil ingredients include argon, sunflower seed, avocado, and mineral oils.
As for a water-based foundation, its main formula is water. It may be listed as “Eau” or “agua.”
But let’s say you haven’t had the chance to go through the ingredients. So how can you tell which is which?
If you picked a foundation from the drugstore, there’s a good chance it’s water-based. Some may contain a bit of oil, but it’s usually just a complementary ingredient to the main component, which is water. Oil in a water-based foundation is just to give you a dewy finish.
As for an oil-based product, you can tell by how it feels, which is thicker than water.
Foundations marketed as having extra hydration generally have oil as a base ingredient. It’s usually a moisturizing product because oil quickly becomes greasy, trapping the moisture.
With that said, you might want to apply an oil-based foundation gradually. Build up the coverage unhurriedly and get a feel for things. That way you can gauge how much you need to put.
Are you considering a lightweight foundation?
You might want to opt for a water-based one. It’s generally not as thick or greasy as oil-based. Although there are oil-based foundations that are weightless.
For dry skin, water-based foundations are generally ideal. That’s because of its hydrating qualities. Plus, they are not as greasy as oil-based ones.
Oil Based Foundation for Oily Skin?
Oil on oily skin may not be a good idea. That is if you want to steer away from having a slick or greasy look.
However, applying a thin layer won’t hurt. But just have an oil-control pad for a quick dab from time to time.
For oily skin, your best bet is to stick with a matte finish. Your natural oils will provide the right amount of glow.
As for acne-prone skin, you might want to skip oil-based foundations.
Of course, with the exception of the products I enumerated above. They’re safe for sensitive, acne-prone, and oily skin.
On the other hand, if you have dry skin, then an oil based foundation is perfect for you. It’s a great way to achieve that dewy, healthy-looking glow.
Finding the Right Oil Based Foundation Is Challenging
You need to consider your skin type. Conversely, you need to look for the type of foundation that suits your skin type. And if you add factors like the weather and seasonal changes, it becomes more complicated.
So it’s a good idea to decide what type of foundation to get before you step out to buy one.
If you decided to have an oil based foundation, these products will surely work to your benefit. It’s just a matter of identifying your skin type and the product that will suit your needs.
You May Also Enjoy These Foundation Reviews: