This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
COSRX has become a mainstay of many Korean-inspired skincare routines.
Whether you’re new to K-beauty or have been practicing it for a long time, you’ve surely heard about this brand.
Apart from being affordable, its products are also known to be effective and multibeneficial.
This is why many men and women worldwide have called COSRX their holy-grail brand!
But with the skincare industry remaining competitive year in and year out, does COSRX hold up against a long list of other skincare brands?
Our COSRX review will give you a better glimpse into the brand, its skincare principles, and the top products it offers that people all over the world have fallen in love with!
- Primarily formulated with hydrating snail mucin
- Has a lightweight formula that can easily be absorbed by the skin.
- Made with hydrocolloid that speeds up skin healing
- Free of irritants and hypoallergenic
- Easy to use
Table of Contents
What Is COSRX?
Never heard of COSRX before? Before diving into its best products, we’ll give you a quick introduction to the brand.
COSRX was launched in 2013 and founded by Sangoon Jeon in South Korea. The brand name is a portmanteau of the words “Cosmetics” and “RX” (which is shorthand for “prescription”).
We think it’s a fitting name given that this company considers their customers’ skin health as their top priority.
It operates with the belief that high-quality and effective skincare must be simple but makes an impact.
This brand isn’t just famous because of unearned social media hype. COSRX has received multiple awards from trusted beauty experts throughout the years.
Some of these awards include the Top Brand Seller at the 2023 Amazon Awards.
Plus, a few of its skincare products were also recognized at the Glowpick Beauty Awards in 2023.
Is COSRX a Good Brand?
For us, COSRX is one of the best K-beauty brands on the market today.
It offers several affordable and highly effective products, some of which are mentioned in this COSRX review.
The brand has eight product lines:
- AHA/BHA line — Products that offer gentle exfoliation
- Centella Asiatica (Cica) line — Products that soothe irritated skin
- Hyaluronic Acid/Hydrium line — Products that provide intense hydration
- Advanced Snail line — Products for mature skin
- LowPH line — Products that protect skin by helping maintain its pH balance
- Fulfit Propolis line — Products with antimicrobial properties used for acne-prone skin
- Aloe Soothing line — Products that provide soothing and moisturizing benefits
- AC collection — Products that serve as spot remedies for pimples
This lineup of skincare products made with high-quality and natural ingredients aims to offer each user solutions for their skin issues and help them achieve their goals.
And we believe they deliver on their promises. We found that all the products from COSRX offered incredible results for various skincare issues after long-term, regular use.
But we’re not alone in loving COSRX. Many skincare enthusiasts flock to use their products in their routines.
Reviews of COSRX toners, cleansers, creams, and treatments rave about how its products are effective but don’t break the bank.
Choosing the Best COSRX Products
COSRX’s product lines tackle different skin concerns and issues, so you can’t just pick a product at random to add to your routine.
Here are some considerations you need to make to find the right COSRX product for you:
Before buying any skincare product from any brand, we always recommend knowing your skin type first. This will help you narrow down the ingredients that would be suitable for you.
Don’t know what your skin type is? Here’s a short rundown of the most common ones:
- Normal: Consider yourself lucky if you have a normal skin type since it’s the easiest one to maintain. Normal skin isn’t too dry or too oily; it has just the right moisture level.
- Oily: Oily skin is characterized by an excess production of oils or sebum on the face, which can easily lead to acne breakouts. As such, most people with oily skin tend to be prone to acne as well.
- Combination: People with combination skin typically have an oily T-zone while the rest of the face is dry and parched.
- Dry: You can easily identify dry skin if your skin looks parched and needs some hydration or moisture. Sometimes, you may also see flaking because your skin lacks moisture.
- Sensitive: Some people also have sensitive skin, which is a skin type that easily reacts to ingredients that might be too strong or too irritating.
When looking for something from COSRX to add to your skincare arsenal, you should consider your skincare goals.
People have different needs, and you need to think about what results you want to get from using COSRX products.
As such, we recommend pinpointing your skincare goals and choosing products to help you achieve them.
Given that COSRX has multiple product lines, they have a wide array of items that can help with different skincare goals or issues.
Some of the common ones their products tackle include the following:
- Lack of moisture and hydration: If you’re having trouble with dry skin, you need to look for moisturizers and products that help provide hydration.
Some of COSRX’s most popular products contain highly hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, which would be perfect for this skin concern.
- Aging skin: Do you want to prevent premature skin aging or slow the natural aging process?
Then you should look for COSRX products that can help with this. We found the products from their Advanced Snail line product lineup effective in tackling this issue.
- Frequent acne breakouts: If you’ve always had trouble with acne breakouts, you may be using the wrong skincare items.
If you have acne-prone skin, you may find some COSRX products that can help ease or prevent acne.
11 Top COSRX Products We Love
We’ve checked out these top products from COSRX. Here’s our take.
We can’t recommend this COSRX toner enough for its gentle but effective exfoliation.
Primary Benefits: Helps improve skin texture; minimizes pores; makes skin smoother
- Formulated with AHA and BHA for gentle exfoliation
- Contains botanical ingredients like apple fruit water and willow bark water
- Perfect for all skin types
Don’t miss out on the benefits COSRX’s AHA/BHA Toner can provide you.
Let’s start this list with our COSRX AHA/BHA Toner review.
As one of the Korean toners on the market, this toner refreshes and revitalizes the skin while giving it a smooth texture.
And it’s multifunctional. Besides being a mild toner, it doubles as a gentle exfoliator with AHA and BHA that is perfect for every skin type — in fact, even beginners can use it!
This one is a must-have if you’re looking for a new toner.
If you want an anti-aging product, we highly suggest getting this snail essence.
Primary Benefits: Reduces fine lines and wrinkles; evens out hyperpigmentation; hydrates the skin
- Primarily formulated with hydrating snail mucin
- Has a lightweight formula that the skin can easily absorb
It’s time to revive your skin with COSRX’s Advanced Snail Mucin Power Essence.
Snail mucin is well-loved in the skincare industry for helping reduce age spots and smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles.
So when it comes to anti-aging, this essence definitely delivers.
As a bonus, this formula is lightweight, so it easily sinks into your skin!
For us, this is arguably the best anti-aging product from COSRX, and many COSRX Snail Mucin reviews from satisfied users agree with us.
We — along with many other skincare enthusiasts — are obsessed with this cream for its intense hydrating properties.
Primary Benefits: Hydrates and nourishes skin, keeps skin radiant and plump, helps smooths skin texture
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid
- Contains vitamin tree fruit water
- Suitable for all skin types; best for dry skin
Boost your skin's hydration with the Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream from COSRX!
Got parched skin? Give it a tall drink of water with the COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream!
This cream hydrates and nourishes your skin to ensure it achieves and maintains a beautifully smooth texture.
Plus, it’s gentle enough to work for every skin type, so those with sensitive skin don’t have to miss out on its amazing moisturizing action.
This incredible cleanser is one of our COSRX favorites because of how it soothes and exfoliates the skin.
Primary Benefits: Exfoliates and cleanses the skin; helps soothe irritated skin
- Contains salicylic acid for exfoliation
- Formulated with calming tea-tree oil
- Best suited to acne-prone skin
Keep your skin calm and clean with COSRX’s Salicylic Acid cleanser!
Are you prone to having troubled skin that’s easily irritated? Do you easily break out?
Then you should try COSRX’s Salicylic Acid Cleanser!
This toner is one of our top picks for its excellent soothing effects.
Primary Benefits: Helps minimize excess sebum production; fades acne scars
- Formulated with BHA and PHA exfoliators and green tea
- Has a non-comedogenic formula
- Best suited for those with oily and acne-prone skin
Say goodbye to irritation and acne scars with COSRX’s AC Collection Calming Liquid Toner!
The AC Collection Calming Liquid Toner is a product we can easily recommend for those with acne-prone or oily skin.
It has a light formula that contains BHA and green tea, which offer mild exfoliating effects.
This toner’s contents can help regulate oil production and get rid of light acne scars on your skin. So if you’re struggling with excess shine and acne marks, you can rest assured this product is on your side!
The before-and-after results of using this COSRX product are impressive.
After just one use, a user raved about how it visibly improved their acne and reduced redness and inflammation.
This sunscreen made it to our list of COSRX standouts for its effective sun protection.
Primary Benefits: Protects skin from harmful UV rays; moisturizes skin; offers a soothing effect; doesn’t leave a white cast
- Contains SPF50+/PA+++
- Formulated with moisturizing aloe
- Has a lightweight texture
Protect your skin from harmful UV rays while moisturizing it using this Aloe Soothing Sun Cream from COSRX.
Up next on this list is our COSRX sunscreen review. For us, this should be a part of your everyday skincare routine.
It’s effective in providing broad-spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
But that’s not all — it also contains aloe that tops up your skin’s moisture while staying lightweight.
Additionally, in reviews of the COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream, people say they love that it doesn’t leave any nasty white residue on the skin.
We highly recommend using this amazing essence for its potent blackhead-fighting power.
Primary Benefits: Unclogs pores; helps minimize pore size; exfoliates and brightens skin
- Contains a concentration of 4% BHA
- Formulated with natural ingredients
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
Worry less about blackheads by using the COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid.
What we love most about this product is how potent and reliable it is in helping prevent acne breakouts.
It has 4% BHA, so it’s a wonderful exfoliant that helps in clearing and unclogging pores, getting rid of blackheads, and brightening the skin.
One review of the COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid even said that it helped decrease their blackheads within just a week of use!
According to plenty of COSRX Centella Blemish Cream reviews, this impressive cream is now a mainstay in many users’ routines for its soothing effects.
Primary Benefits: Soothes troubled skin, provides nourishment, helps reduce blemishes
- Contains Centella asiatica leaf water
- Formulated with zinc oxide
- Best suited for people with acne-prone or sensitive skin
Keep your skin blemish-free with COSRX’s Centella Blemish cream!
This is one of the most impressive products on our list. It uses Centella asiatica effectively soothes irritated skin while helping nourish it.
On top of that, it also helps reduce any blemishes that show up while keeping your skin moisture at optimal levels.
Those with acne-prone or sensitive skin will surely love this one!
Hundreds of COSRX Pimple Patch reviews say it quickly helps heal pimples!
Primary Benefits: Helps quicken the healing process of acne and pimples; protects the concerned area; can be used under makeup
- Made with hydrocolloid that speeds up skin healing
- Free from irritants and is hypoallergenic
- Easy to use
Let your skin heal safely and quickly with COSRX Acne Master Patch.
Searching for a quick fix for pimples that have sprung out of nowhere? COSRX’s Acne Pimple Master Patch is worth looking into.
This hydrocolloid patch is well-known for its effectiveness in accelerating pimple healing because it helps keeps contaminants away from pimples, allowing them to heal fully without disturbances.
It also keeps the area it’s applied to moisturized, so you don’t have to worry about dry spots or inflammation.
Nothing will make your face feel cleaner and more refreshed than this product!
Primary Benefits: Gets rid of dirt, gunk, and impurities, keeps skin barrier strong, keeps skin pH balanced
- Formulated with tea-tree oil and BHA
- Made to keep skin pH slightly acidic
- Best suited for all skin types
Get rid of impurities while keeping your skin in tiptop condition with this COSRX cleanser!.
If you’re looking for a gentle cleanser to start your day with, try out COSRX’s LowPH Good Morning Cleanser.
It’s loved by many, including us, for how effective it is in getting rid of dirt, oils, and impurities from your skin.
On top of that, it’s specifically formulated to keep your skin pH at the right levels to prevent acne, redness, and dryness.
This serum is a skincare showstopper because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Primary Benefits: Keeps skin moisturized; helps fight inflammation
- Contains an 83% concentration of black bee propolis extract
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid for hydration
- Hypoallergenic; Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
Achieve plump, healthy, and hydrated skin with COSRX’s Propolis Light Ampoule!
Need a lightweight serum that can calm your sensitive skin? Try out this Propolis Light Ampoule from COSRX.
Featuring black bee propolis extract as its star ingredient, this has potent anti-inflammatory properties that can calm your skin.
Plus, it has hyaluronic acid to moisturize your skin!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is COSRX Safe To Use?
Yes. The products manufactured by this brand are safe for people to use.
COSRX only uses clean and gentle but effective ingredients in its formulas, ensuring that all its offerings are safe enough for everyone — including pregnant and nursing mothers — to use.
What Type of Skincare Brand Is COSRX?
COSRX is a brand that’s “ingredient-focused.”
This means that each product it offers and advertises focuses on a central ingredient that tackles a specific skincare issue and works its formula around that ingredient.
Is COSRX Dermatologist-Approved?
Yes. Many dermatologists approve of using COSRX products, given that most of their products are gentle and safe to use.
A Brand Worth the Buy
The K-beauty scene is saturated with a long list of skincare brands, so finding one with products worth purchasing can sometimes be a challenge.
But COSRX has proven its value as a brand.
Even though it’s a new name in the industry, it has produced many must-have products that offer numerous skincare benefits for users across the globe.
From reviews of COSRX sunscreens to essences to cleansers, you’ll see that this brand has gained a loyal following because of how its products can protect, soothe, nourish, and transform the skin.
Hopefully, this COSRX review has helped you get to know this incredible K-beauty brand.
Ready to reap the positive effects of COSRX products? Add them to your skincare routine today!