This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Looking for the best Korean eyeshadow palettes for your skin tone?
Korean cosmetic brands are known for releasing a wide range of color stories that will flatter warm, cool, and neutral skin tones.
Keep in mind that Korean eyeshadows are different from Western makeup.
There is less focus on matte shades and pigmentation. Koreans prefer to wear subtle eyeshadow looks with sheer and shimmery shades that highlight their eyes.
You still get longevity and performance as K-beauty shadows have high adherence to the skin with minimal creasing, clumping, or fallout. You can easily create wearable looks that flatter your skin tone and eye color.
Ready to find a Korean eyeshadow palette that will make your eyes look bright and awake? Check out our list below!
- 10 shades with matte and shimmer textures
- Smooth and silky formula blends seamlessly
- Best for neutral looks
- Quad palette with 3 mattes and 1 glittery pearl shade
- Smooth texture for easy application
- Best for cool-toned looks
- 9 shades with matte, shimmer, and glitter shades
- Blendable with good color payoff
- Best for neutral looks
How to Choose the Best Korean Eyeshadow Palette
Here are things to consider when finding Korean eyeshadow palettes to add to your makeup collection.
Types of Eyeshadows
Eyeshadow palettes feature a mix of textures. These are the types you might encounter:
- Matte Eyeshadows are flat and do not contain any sparkle or shine. They can be used to create an eyeshadow base or to provide depth to your crease.
- Shimmer Eyeshadows contain finely milled reflective particles that produce subtle sparkle or shine.
- Glitter Eyeshadows create intense shine or sparkle. Compared to shimmer eyeshadows, they contain larger glitter particles for more dramatic looks.
- Metallic Eyeshadows deliver intense shine and color. They usually come in metallic colors such as gold, silver, bronze, and copper.
- Satin Eyeshadows are a mix of matte and shimmer eyeshadows. They have a bit of shine but not as much as shimmer shadows.
- Mineral Eyeshadows can be matte or shimmery shades. They are free of talc, dyes, and other irritants, so they are suitable for allergy-prone and sensitive skin.
- Baked Eyeshadows have a cream formula baked to produce a smooth powder texture. They are very pigmented and can be used wet or dry.
- Cream Eyeshadows have a waxy texture that can be easily applied to the lids. It’s ideal for those with dry skin. However, they may not last as long as powder shadows.
- Liquid Eyeshadows come in a tube. These shadows deliver intense color and luster. You can use it as a base shadow or highlighter.
- Loose Eyeshadows or pigments are used to create the foil technique, giving you more control when distributing color to your lids.
Colors That Complement Your Eye Color
A perfect eyeshadow palette will be one that complements your eye color. Based on the color theory, you want to choose colors that are on the opposite color wheel of your eye color.
- Black eyes look good with dark blues, warm browns, jewel tones, and burgundy.
- Brown eyes look good with warm browns, golden tones, copper tones, purples, and blues.
- Blue eyes look good with orange, amber, copper tones, warm purples, and brown shades.
- Green eyes look good with warm reds, oranges, peaches, gold, and burgundy.
- Gray eyes look good with warm browns, oranges, golds, and browns.
Colors That Complement Your Skin Tone
Skin tone is another thing to consider when choosing eyeshadow colors.
Light Skin Tone
Light skin tones will look good with earthy and copper shades. Those with a cool undertone will look good with soft purples and berry shades. Those with a warm undertone will suit earthy reds and violets.
Medium Skin Tone
Medium skin tones will look good with golden brown or honey shades. Those with a cool undertone can choose grays and lavenders, while those with a warm undertone can go for rich blues.
Dark Skin Tone
Dark skin tones look good with vibrant purples, warm metallics, bronze tones, and burgundy.
7 Best Korean Eyeshadow Palettes to Make Those Eyes Pop
Here’s our curated list of the best K-beauty eyeshadow palettes to get your hands on.
Best Korean Eyeshadow Palettes For Neutral Looks
We love this Korean eyeshadow palette because the neutral shades are perfect for everyday wear — but you can easily create party looks.
Key benefits: Long-lasting neutral shadows with a smooth and silky texture
- Comes with 10 coffee-inspired colors perfect for everyday wear
- Shimmer shades feature fine gold pearls for a beautiful luster
- Vivid colors with little to no fallout
A neutral palette with light and dark shades, as well as matte and shimmer textures, to create versatile looks.
Neutral eyeshadow palettes don’t have to be boring. The Etude House Play Color House encourages you to play with neutral shades to create wearable everyday looks.
The Caffeine Holic eyeshadow palette features 5 matte shades and 5 shimmer shades. You have a good mix of light and dark shades to easily create smokey eye looks for special events. There’s also a faint coffee scent to perk you up!
This versatile eyeshadow palette is highly pigmented, and the shades adhere well to the lids. The smooth and silky texture also makes makeup application seamless and precise.
This Korean eyeshadow palette is suitable for brown, green, and blue eyes.
We love this Korean eyeshadow palette because it takes out all the guesswork when creating gradient looks.
Key benefits: Mix of subtle and bold colors; buildable shades; adheres well to the skin
- Includes 2 matte shades, 4 glitters, and 3 shimmers for easy tone-on-tone looks
- Silica absorbs excess oils on lids for long-lasting, creaseless application
- Pearl mica pigments for good glitter color payoff
A high-quality palette that gives you a rosy monochromatic look.
Korean eye looks are known for being subtle yet striking at the same time. If that’s the look you’re going for, consider the 3CE Mood Recipe Multi Eye Color Palette!
This Korean eyeshadow palette lets you create soft and warm looks. You have a mix of pink and brown shades that illuminate the eyes. There are also darker shades that are rich and striking.
Overall, these blendable shadows make it easy for you to create rosy gradient looks.
We love this Korean eyeshadow palette because you get neutral colors that really stand out.
Key benefits: Earth-toned colors; long-lasting and good color payoff; buildable; no fallout
- 2 mattes, 1 satin, and 1 shimmer for neutral, everyday looks
- Pigmented shadows give opaque coverage with just one layer
- Gudetama packaging makes a cute addition to your makeup bag
A palette that looks cute on the outside but delivers intense color inside.
Inspired by tiramisu, this Gudetama-themed eyeshadow palette is just as delectable!
It features earth-toned colors that are long-lasting and pigmented. Just one layer and you can already achieve opaque coverage. The soft texture is buildable as well if you want to create deeper neutral looks.
The Holika Holika Lazy & Joy Cupcake Eye Shadow Palette (Gudetama Edition) comes in a small compact. You can bring it anywhere and effortlessly create neutral but vibrant looks.
Best Korean Eyeshadow Palettes for Cool-Toned Looks
We love this Korean eyeshadow palette because you can create monochromatic day and night looks.
Key benefits: Good lasting power; smooth and easy-to-blend pigments; portable palette
- 3 lilac matte shades for cool-toned looks
- 2 cushion glittery shades with a creamy texture to provide shine and depth
- 2 larger matte shades can be used as blush or contour
This is an all-in-one palette featuring cool-toned purples for a soft and muted glow.
The Espoir Real Eye Palette in Mauve Me is ideal to use in the summer. True to its name, this K-beauty eyeshadow palette has muted purples that give you a fresh and vibrant appearance.
The eyeshadows are soft and blendable. The glittery shades also have a unique creamy cushion formula, making them easy to work with. You can create bright looks for everyday wear.
Even though the palette appears muted, you can still build the colors for deep and rich eye looks. The larger matte shades also function as blush or contour, so you create complete looks even while on the go.
The Korean eyeshadow palette works best on cool skin tones and those with green or brown eyes.
We love this Korean eyeshadow palette because it’s easy to create a neutral everyday look.
Key benefits: Neutral colors perfect for daily use; convenient packaging
- 3 cool-toned colors for neutral eye looks
- 1 glittery pearl shade for added brilliance
- Microparticle powder for smooth and blendable shadows with no creasing
This is a neutral eyeshadow palette with smooth, blendable shades that you can easily apply on the go.
The Romand Better Than Eyes in Dry Buckwheat Flower is proof that you don’t need a lot of colors to create a fantastic eye look.
It’s a basic palette with 3 matte shades and 1 glitter shade. You can create everyday looks while making sure that there’s still a little twinkle in your eye!
The cool-toned eyeshadow palette features a soft powder texture that makes application a breeze. You can blend easily without worrying about creasing.
The compact size means you can bring it along wherever you go. Just put it in your pocket or makeup bag, and you can quickly create a beautiful neutral look.
Best Korean Eyeshadow Palettes For Warm-Toned Looks
We love this Korean eyeshadow palette because the peachy colors are flattering and versatile.
Key benefits: Long-lasting, pigmented shadows; high adhesion to lids; good for daily use
- 10 pigmented shades with matte and pearl textures
- Soft and creamy formula blends easily; no tackiness and fallout
- Comes with a dual-tip brush for an easy application
A collection of lovely coral shades for bright Korean makeup looks.
The CLIO Pro Eye Shadow Palette in Coral Talk is an excellent pick for those who want beautiful shades to create various eye looks.
It has a good mix of base and bright and glittery statement colors.
The eyeshadow colors are subtle enough for daily use. However, you can quickly build up the colors to create more intense, dramatic looks.
The shadows are very creamy and pigmented. They adhere well to the skin and won’t give you any fallout as you go through your day.
We love this Korean eyeshadow palette because even beginners can create glamorous looks.
Key benefits: Mini palette with high-impact shades; soft and smooth formula; unique colors
- 9 eyeshadows and 1 blush shade to create glamourous looks
- Soft texture with fine particles for seamless and clump-free application
- Lightweight packaging so you can bring it with you anywhere
A mini eyeshadow palette that doesn’t disappoint when it comes to color payoff and ease of application.
Don’t underestimate the I’m MEME I’m Hidden Card Palette. It may be as small as a credit card, but inside, you’ll find 9 pigmented shadows and 1 blush shade.
The Red Card edition features reddish brown shades that help you create understated glamorous looks.
The eyeshadows seamlessly adhere to the skin and won’t clump on you. That’s why even a beginner can feel at ease using this palette to create ombre looks.
This mini palette is easy to bring along during nights out. You can touch up anywhere, ensuring you’ll always look your best.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Koreans Do Eye Makeup?
Koreans are known for subtle but striking eyeshadow looks. It’s less about pigmentation and more about color and shine.
You can start by applying a neutral matte shade all over the lid. Next, apply a shimmer shade to the center to make your eyes pop. Then, use a darker matte eyeshadow to shade the outer corners of your eyes.
For a youthful appearance, consider following the traditional Korean eyebrow shape with a straight or very minimal arch.
You can also watch the video below for a basic K-drama eyeshadow look:
How Do Koreans Make Their Eyes Look Bigger?
Koreans can make their eyes look bigger by doing the aegyo sal makeup.
This technique involves highlighting and contouring the undereye area. It might seem counterintuitive, but the aegyo sal technique can make your eyes look more youthful.
First, contour the puffy part of your undereye using a light brown shadow. Then, use a champagne shimmer to line your bottom water line extending to below your lashes – until the area where you applied the brown contour shade.
Make sure to blend for a seamless look.
Another way to enhance the size of your eyes is to apply eyeliner. Watch the tutorial below:
How Do You Get Eyeshadow to Stay on All Day?
Apart from choosing eyeshadows that have high adherence to the skin, you can also apply eyeshadow primer beforehand.
This not only helps the eyeshadow to stay on all day, but it can also enhance the pigment of your shadows.
After applying your makeup, you can use a setting spray to lock in your eyeshadow. This prevents them from settling into fine lines, moving around the eyelid, or fading completely.
Ready to Try the Best Korean Eyeshadow Palettes?
Korean eye makeup looks may not be what you’ve grown accustomed to. But, now that you know all about the best Korean eyeshadow palettes, you have a new world to explore.
We know that Korean beauty is very soft and subtle. You’ll see that principle applied to their eyeshadow looks as well.
While their eyeshadows might not be as matte or pigmented as Western makeup, Korean women love playing with fresh and vibrant colors.
That’s why Korean eyeshadow palettes come with different color stories and have a good color payoff. You also get a lot of glitter and shimmer shades that highlight the eyes beautifully.
With so many offerings, it’s easy to find an eye color palette that will flatter your skin tone.
We’ve highlighted the best Korean eyeshadow palettes for warm, cool, and neutral tones. This can be a good starting point as you discover the perfect palette to add to your makeup bag!
Want to discover more products from Korean makeup brands?
Check out these articles: